Decisions on HT #2

Im nearly 2 years from my first procedure which saw 1647 FUT added to my hairline.

I am happy with the result, and always knew I'd be looking at 2 procedures minimum to achieve what I wanted with a hairline that Im happy with.

Im now at the point where I'd like to go for a second transplant, but Im still deciding on where to go for this and whether to do FUE or FUT.

My scar from my first procedure is so neat, it seems a shame to revisit, but I know plenty have just as good results on scar neatness on the second procedure.

Im quite limited for time after my procedure and cannot take any time off, outside of my 2 weeks off that I get after 2 weeks that I work away.

Also hiding the op is a big thing for me, which I managed fine last time with longer hair and my linear scar from FUT.

I would definitely go back to Dr Dorin, who I found very good the first time, the only thing Im not quite happy with is, is some cobble stoning which I still have.

Also, the recipient site has some redness still, which you can see in the picture (these were taken just after a shower, when it looks much worse, I might add).

Europe would be much easier for me, due to timeframe, but like I say, Dorin and his team were great to deal with.

Some pictures here, the redness like I say, is much more prominent after a shower/bath etc.

Just thinking out loud here, be interested to hear peoples views.

16347.jpg.b2d3af99465fb2e4ffa0834607d1e5a5.jpg

16350.jpg.6ab0c5f604cfbb2a32ad0ea7e5806c19.jpg

16351.jpg.bed6803125d6b93055d9d2cf69fdfdfb.jpg

16352.jpg.f7775ae43d6af94078f7d476315be616.jpg

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

Unless you are wearing a lot of hair spray or hair fibers/thickeners, I would not do a second procedure if I were you. It looks cosmetically thick enough. Not sure if it just the pictures though.

Also, if you want to avoid shockloss and obtain max results for HT #2 you are going to have to shave down the recipient area to stubble.

It will be pretty hard to hide the procedure, I think the best you could pull off is 2 1/2 weeks if you went to an amazing surgeon (Dr. Konior comes to mind).

But I am not well-versed in the FUE gurus and mini-FUE procedures possible, the above is from a FUT point of view.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Thanks for your opinions. I will definitely be doing a second one to increase density. Dont get me wrong the first op has given me a nice cosmetic change, but I really want it thicker on the areas that received the grafts last time.

Its going to take some planning this one! :)

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

Ok man, I hope you come up with the best plan for you. Tons of info and knowledgable folks here to give you advice.

I pulled the trigger on HT#2 only because my hair was thinner on one side.

Just be careful not to under estimate the downtime as you know already!

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)