Scab and grafts

When the scabs fall off, I noticed that in some of them there may be a hair in them. Is this a bad thing is the graft stil ok or not. Also how long does it take before the graft is solidifies in the hair?

Thank you.

When the scabs fall off, I noticed that in some of them there may be a hair in them. Is this a bad thing is the graft stil ok or not. Also how long does it take before the graft is solidifies in the hair?

Thank you.

You have the normal worry that most people have. I asked the same question, and am amazed by how many people really do not know this.

You're fine. Hairs fall off with grafts a lot. this is completely normal. The graft is pretty much secured after only 4 days. You will know if you lose when if you start to bleed from the spot the hair came from. But, by all means, do not pick the scabs!! Best of luck man, hope all go's well.

Pastor,

It usually takes 8-10 days post transplant for the grafts to be firmly seated, sealed, and secure in your scalp...you literally have to dig them out with a scalpel after they become secure.

As for hair falling, its very normal...you may see 80-100% of your grafts fall off within the first few weeks following your procedure (usually first 3-4 weeks). Regrowth usually seen starting at about 3-4 months after procedure done.

Norwood 5 sucks...but 7 swallows

HT Dr. Hassan 1/5/04

www.dtrojanz.com