South Africa

Hi Guys,

Anyone out there from South Africa that has had a successful hair transplant? (Hair transplant could have been done anywhere around the world), I'm very skeptical about pictures having not received results remotely close to what I expected. I would like to meet and have a look in person, please let me know.

God bless.

There is only a few listed hair restoration physicians in South Africa. Make sure you do your due diligence and are comfortable before making any decisions. If nothing seems suitable for you there then pack your bags and take a trip. Remember results are for the most part permanent.

Firstly let me say I've lost all faith in South African surgeons,

Because:

1) I've had an Unsatisfactory result from Hair Options (Sandton Johannesburg)

2) I don't see any recommended surgeons from South Africa on this site.

3) errr it's AFRICA... I can't believe I was stupid enough to expect a great result.

Anyways emotions aside (I was young and trusted pictures... I'm sure I'm not the only one).

What I'm looking for at this stage is a trustworthy surgeon.

How I deem a surgeon trustworthy:

1) I viewed results in person.

I guess that's the only way...

So I believe you misunderstood my question Dr, I'm not looking for a South African Surgeon, I'm looking for somebody out there in South Africa who's had their hairline restored successfully by ANY SURGEON IN THE WORLD. If there is absolutely no one in my Country that has had a successful transplant then I'll have to travel to find a patient.

I don't know how else to proceed? Please advise me dear wise experienced forum people:(?

Hi

I used to live in Durban and now here in the UK...

I have just today booked my HT FUE with Dr Maral in Turkey, will be flying out on the 18th Sept so i am positive about this and will post up pics when done.

I did alot of research for app 3 years now and finally took the plunge:)

After reading detailed reviews on here and seeing pics of actual HT's with Dr Maral, i decided to contact him and arrange everything today. Had a chat to him today and was very helpfull so i am quite optimistic.

Keep intouch

Cheers

Hi durtydawg,

I wish you all the best! Please ensure you've personally seen patients and are happy before plunging, it's still not to late to pull out. You know this hair transplant industry is really dodgy. take care.