Please HELP with comments on my post 8 weeks pic

Hi

I had my FUE HT done on 8th July 2013. I am now on 8 weeks post op.

I can see pits on almost every graft specially with the light from the back. It was good for the first 2 weeks then suddenly the recipient area started to become very red and these pits and bumps appeared. I am very afraid of a botched transplant.My surgeon told me not to worry and rub the recipient area regularly.Most of the grafts did not shed too.

Is it too early to say the pits and bumps wont fade away?

Please examine my pics and give your comments please.

Thank you

5b32da5234bff_8weekspostop1.jpg.7a69c21d347c9592992f1cfdb5be139b.jpg

5b32da5242666_8weekspostop2.jpg.6746f1a46300c0782348dfec31fd39f5.jpg

Just wait for the hairs to grow out......say ,wait for six months..

You shouldn't be worrying now at such an early stage ..

It might turn out fine.

Btw,how many grafts were used??It seems there is little shedding..

You could try rubbing the recipient areas with something like Aloe Vera to reduce the redness. Book a follow up with the doc so you can be inspected in person and visit a dermatologist as a precaution.

As Arcane says it’s still too early but I would try to be as proactive as possible. It was around the same time that I developed Folliculitis which can be treated with an antibiotic cream.

In the meantime keep the area as clean as possible and avoid unknown chemicals in hairsprays etc. and wait for things to settle down. Shedding is normal at 8 weeks but get a couple of docs opinions for your scalp.

Good luck

Mallu,

At 8 weeks, it is very difficult to tell how your results will progress. Remember that it takes a full 12 months for a hair transplant to completely mature. At this point, it is probably best to follow your clinic's post-operative instructions closely, and simply monitor your progress from month 3 through 12.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks for all your replies...my worry is that i see tiny pits and small bumos all over when light is shine from behind. I have visited my doctor and he told it will be fine and was to to rub the recipient area daily. Is it normal to have pits and bumps which settle down at this point post op?