confuse....

RajToor

Should I go for a Ht? Sometimes I wonder maybe its better for me to buzz 0 my hair and go to the gym. Work hard like randy orton and batista for an example. I am not completely bald so I am not sure. Always having a good body had definitely change my lifestyle and I am ready to continue for it rather than spend so much time, pain and money on a ht. I am an athletic person with medal honors from sports like football, rugby and boxing. advice needed as my girlfriends are against it. I am being honest, I swear and really confused about it as my modeling contract renewal was rejected but I am a qualified doctor now. Yeah!!!

You sound like you're in a good place, I suggest buzzing it for a while and then see how you feel, no need to rush.

Look in to propecia too as the docs will recommend this if you do go ahead with a H/T.

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Hi I agree with Petchski. In regards to your modeling contract being rejected because of your hair loss, it seems that a ht can hold up to the high standards of the modeling industry, though only if it is densely packed. Another person in a similar situation to you was 21ukheregoes, it might be helpful looking into his story. Cheers

buzz head is a good style nowadays, lots of people with head full of hair are doing so, i'm just worried, what if I do a ht and then experience more hair loss? it will be a routine for me to go for a 2nd n 3rd ht. I am on meds and I bet there is some ppl who did HT and now regretting it. One of my friend has a scar after HT and now he is doing a buzz cut style, he is like vin diesel but with a scar, he told me not to go for a HT. its all about styling and changing your personality to deal with hair loss

Hi Rajtoor-

It's great that we live in the age where having the shaved head even with those with full heads of hair looks great on a lot of people. It's also very nice that hair transplants have come so far over the last several years. With an excellent doc and mega sessions of densely packed grafts, the result can be truly remarkable.

As the other posters have pointed out, once you go down the transplant route and get cut, you are going to have a scar. How you heal from the surgery completely depends on each individual and their body. Some heal better than others.

A lot of docs today do the tricho closure so there is a much better chance of excellent healing and the scar being virtually undetectable, hair will or at least should grow out from the scar. But again, do understand that if you buzz your head, tricho closure or not, you are going to see the donor scar.

Personally,I don't regret one bit having a hair transplant. The thought of shaving my head never crossed my mind. If I had it to do over, I would still get a hair transplant because shaving my head was something I never cared about. Of course, you will need to decide what's right for you.

its true obie, shaving head is good nowadays but we do miss our hair and wish to grow it someday. icon_rolleyes.gif Is it better to get a ht when the MPB stabilize? I was hoping for the buzz cut now and then when its stabilize then get a ht done. and of cause I am on meds so hoping and waiting for the best

Believe me, I understand when you say you miss your hair. I am a full blown norwood 6. I started the hair trasnplant journey back in 1997 and have seen a total of 3 docs and have had a total of 8 proceedures. The first doc I didn't care for as he did micro mini's. The second doc was much better and did all FUG. The problem was that he did small sessions of 1,000-1,300 grafts. For a case like mine and for as much hair as I lost, this is a joke. The results were decent but I went back 4 times. Seven proceedures later, I didn't have much to show for it and had a terrible donor scar, 20+millimeters.

The third doc I went to was Dr. Wong who was hands down the best. He gave me a much better hairline and took out some of that scar. I will still need to go back for a full revision.

So here it is 11 years later and I have spent $38,000 US dollars on my head and I could still use more grafts and need to have the donor site worked on some more. I will definately be going back to Dr. Wong.

I'm basically telling you this story so should you decide to go the hair transplant route you will absolutely need to DO YOUR HOMEWORK! This is something that I didn't do as I was uneducated at the time and didn't have the Hair Transplant Network for support.

As I said in an earlier post if I had it to do over again, I would ABSOLUTELY get a hairtransplant. I would just do months of scalp exercises and then go to a top doc as I did who does very large megassessions with dense packing.

You are on meds now which is a very good thing so you will slow down or completely stop the hairloss. You don't need to wait for your hair to stabilize in order to do the transplants. It is a big decision but if hair is something you want and have the money to do it, then I would definately say go for it. There are several excellent docs on this site who really do remarkable work. I also don't know your level of baldness or donor hair quality so you might not need nearly as much work as I had done. Hope this helps.

good words and I should do my homework well, will do a HT but later, maybe after 4-5 months. Everyone would love dense packing, whats is the best number for dense packing in your opinion( hair line and top of the head?

Thank you julius, but some of our forum members here told me its better for a denser hairline but I like your opinion, with the head density 55-60 I think the hairline could look dense as well with 45-50 FUT