Im a 26 year old male with frontal loss. NEED ADVICE??

Hello All,

Firstly just like to say this is a great forum with excellent information, respect to everyone as i know what losing your hair can do to every aspect of ya life. I am a 26 year old male from the UK looking to get my hair sorted ASAP. I see myself as NW 2 nearly NW3. I have been on finasteride/proscar cut in to quarters for approx a year now which has sort of slowed down my hair loss but i still feel that i need more hair around the front as i have receded a fair bit and got quite a bit of thinning. I have also just started using minoxidil around my hairline from yesterday which i hopeing will thicken it up. Iv have been looking into hair transplants recently as i think it is going to be the best solution for myself. I have uploaded a photo of my hairline, can someone please give me some advice on how many grafts i need or even if i should wait for further loss?? I dont seem to be losing hair at the back of my head, could be do with the finasteride i am taking. I also tried shaving my head a year ago which made me look like a right peanut icon_smile.gif so that is not an option, i definately want my hair longer which i am trying to grow at the moment. Any advice would be appretiated. Many thanks

13102009262.thumb.jpg.49c53de653e43946ef454c7825399276.jpg

Sunner...tough to tell from your photos....I would do a search for a chap named Spex...he works for Dr. Feller and lives in the UK...he can likely help you out.

Cheers,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

We're going to need to see a better photo with better lighting and from an angle which gives a clearer view.

Should you wait for further loss? The answer to that can never be a No. It's always a case of assessing your age, rate of loss, how well you respond to the drugs and perhaps family history of hairloss too, and weighing up the risks against how badly you want to restore your hair.

At age 26 I think most doctors would accept you. Are you desperate to get back the sort of hairline you (probably) had as a teenager, or are you willing to accept a more 'mature' result?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for the quick reply and helpful advice, much appretiated. I have attached another photo which hopefully gives a better view of my hairline. As for family history, my brother who is 2 years older is experiencing the same problem but also losing his at the back slightly, but i would say mine is worse at the front, he is also using finasteride and minoxidil. My dad has a good head of hair for a 57 year old aswell. I wouldnt want to get back my teenage hairline as that would make me look silly in years to come but just get back some coverage/density around the front as i feel as i have have lost about 25% of my hair around the front region. I am very very keen on getting this done as it has affected every part of my life including my social life which is non existant at the moment.

Thanks the B spot i will search spex, i am also looking into farjo from manchester as he has a very good reputation. where is dr feller based?

Rachmunas4life, hope these photos has better views. Would be good to keep in contact with you as seem like going through a very similar stage. What are you planning on having done? has finasteride worked for you? any info on your experience would be appretiated.

Thanks for the advice mattj, hope i have answered all your questions, any comments would be appretiated also.

Think i can only upload one photo per reply.

It looks to me like the very small area where hair has been lost is still mainly covered with shorter hairs, which are probably miniaturizing. These might be helped by the minoxidil and it would be worth waiting to see. You really have very minimal loss. Your hairline is not far from the point where even the lowest transplanted hairlines are placed, and the hair is thick behind this - thicker than a transplant would achieve - so you would be looking at getting a very small procedure along the leading edge of the hairline and not one which strays very far back. Strip surgery would be crazy, IMO, so you would want to contact a surgeon who performs FUE. But be prepared for rejection or strong discouragement from going ahead with any surgery.

You really shouldn't let this affect your well-being or your social life.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks fo the advice people. Think im gona wait and see how the minoxidil works on my hairline, gona give it six months or so. Will post some pics if there is any improvement, would be good to compare with these photos.

thanks again all, been good piece of mind.

yeah you look fine bro... lots of people would like to have your mane..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!