Booked in for temporary SMP 2-3rd Sep in Sydney, Australia

Hi folks,

I had a hair transplant 5 1/2 months ago in Belguim with Dr Reys. My plan from the outset was always to have temporary SMP done on my scalp on top of the FUE procedure, as there is a lot of thinning all over, even after the transplant which really only focused on the temples and crown. The procedure is still a few weeks away, but I will try to ensure I get some pre and post pics.

The business doing the temp. SMP work is based in Sydney and was trained by Milena Lardi.

I will update this thread over the next few weeks.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

"does anyone think that maybe the smp can harm hair? transplanted or native? more concerned with the native because its weaker than the transplanted"

The needles we use only work on the upper part of the dermis so there is no chance they can harm the follicle.

"what is the ingredient in smp"

The pigment used by Beauty Medical is all-natural and biocompatible. The actual pigment is composed of minerals that go through a filtration process which makes the particles all the same size and shape (round/15 micros). This ensures the particles are small enough for the body's cell defense system to eat them (which is why the pigment fades and is completely eliminated eventually). They are then encapsulated with a liquid which acts like a coating that prevents the particles from coming into contact with the body.

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

The pigments come in various shades of brown and blonde from dark brown to light brown, etc. Then there are degrees of warmth. I currently do not have pictures of the work as it fades although Jotronic has presented pictures of Milena's work fading I believe. The color will not change, it will simply lighten.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on much lately. Overall I think it's been a dramatic change from where I started, as you can see I can style my hair now after doing the FUE + SMP. I still have a lot of thinning all over and plan on getting another FUE procedure done potentially next year. The photos below have a bit of wax/paste in it which makes my hair look a bit thicker. Essentially, my head was 'painted' with ink and so I can't shave it super short to a #1 grade. Even though the scalp is covered with ink, it's important to realise that under harsher lighting, you can still see the shine of the scalp where the hair is thinned.

Overall though I feel as though it was definitely worth it and a great option for many.

Cheers

comparison.jpg.45fd81b9c71d6928c5d42bb4df600165.jpg

Hi all,

Essentially, my head was 'painted' with ink and so I can't shave it super short to a #1 grade.

Thanks for the update FJ.

I don't really understand the 'painted' part. Is that a method specific to that smp clinic and a departure from the milena lardi method?

I'm considering going with the shaved look and skipping any transplant so I guess your case is a lot different.

cheers, FJ, good improvement !