Shock loss concerns

Hey, welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your shock loss. You'll find that it really all depends. Who did the surgery, where were the grafts placed, into an area of existing hair?

Chances are really good the hair will return, if that's your concern. As far as when it will return, I can't say. You should do a search, but I'm sure Bill will be here soon enough to help you out. icon_smile.gif

800+- Bosley NY, June 2005

1300+- Dr. Feller, December 2008

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1021

We should be on here to help and look out for each other, not to make someone feel worse about their situation.

With men shockloss is only permanent if the hairs were on their way out. otherwise native hairs should return within 3 months. I'm not sure if the same goes for women. i would definitely consult with your doc if you're concerned, but i would think the hair would start regrwoing in a few months along with your ht hair.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I want hair,

Welcome to our discussion forum and congratulations on your recent hair transplant.

Hair transplant postoperative telogen effluvium or "shock loss" is often very common in women with hair loss. But the good news is, in almost all cases, shock loss is temporary and as hairthere said, will return in 3 to 6 months.

Approximately how much hair you are going to temporarily lose isn't easy to surmise. In the meantime, you may want to consider topical concealers or other head coverings when you go out socially.

I trust your surgeon went over what to expect after your hair restoration procedure, including the potential risks of postoperative telogen effluvium. Be sure to speak to your doctor to get his/her professional input as well.

In the meantime, hang in there. The first few months out from a hair transplant are the toughest. But as long as you went to a surgeon with a proven record of positive results, you should have more hair than you did before surgery in a year from now.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best wishes,

Bill

Ok, I was just getting nervous....The shedding just happened out of nowhere, I woke up the other day and BAM! it was all falling out.

Im ok, with it falling for now cuz I know its 'normal' , just as long as it comes back along with my new grafts. I guess nobody likes to have the few hairs on their head fall off lol.

I just hope this all works outicon_smile.gif