Post FUT donor shock loss?

If you are clearly noticing some thinning in the donor area just above or below where the grafts were taken from then this is probably shock loss. It is not very common in the donor area, but does happen on occasion. In the few cases I have seen the situation resolved itself with time.

Thanks for the Info doctor. I can't see the thinning, but I see hairs in my hand when I shampoo that area, and its more than usual. I am getting my hair trimmed tomorrow, so it will be more clear

I trimmed my hair today. The transplant looks good just curious about hair-loss near donor area. My hair is trimmed down to number 1 length. Is this loss donor shock loss? Should I be worried?

photo-5.jpg.ecc98dc200e6a9a80db28c286520914a.jpg

Rit-

Try not to worry too much buddy. In most cases, the shock-loss occurs around the area where the strip was excised. However, sometimes the general trauma of the scalp from the surgery can cause some additional shock loss in the recipient area. In all but extreme cases, the shock-loss will grow back. I am one of those guys who had shock-loss around both my scar, and in the crown and frontal parts of my head (minimal). So for a short period of time, my hair actually looked worse 2 months post-op, than it did pre-op. But this recovered quickly, and as you can see from my 8 month results, you can't tell that I ever had any shock-loss at all. Again, no need to worry. Congrats on your recent transplant.

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.