Less dandruff when using no shampoo

hsrp10

I've had dandruff problems my whole life. Have probably tried every dandruff shampoo under the sun.

Overuse of nizoral in an effort to keep my scalp flake and plaque free almost ruined the great HT procedure I had with a coalition dr as well.

I still do use a mild dandruff shampoo off and on, but after experimenting I seem to get less dandruff when using no shampoo ("no poo") as long as I wash my hair every day with strong shower pressure.

I have always thought that dandruff was more than dead skin, and actually more of a chemical reaction of an oily scalp combined with shampoo ingredients as well. Seems to be true in my case.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Try using Nutrogeana T-Gel shampoo (CVS/Walgreens for $6-8)...the best for flaking scalp. Not a full-time shampoo....

When you balance off...find a good shampoo that goes good with you and then use T-Gel once in a while for maintenance.

Best of luck!

I've had dandruff problems my whole life. Have probably tried every dandruff shampoo under the sun.

Overuse of nizoral in an effort to keep my scalp flake and plaque free almost ruined the great HT procedure I had with a coalition dr as well.

I still do use a mild dandruff shampoo off and on, but after experimenting I seem to get less dandruff when using no shampoo ("no poo") as long as I wash my hair every day with strong shower pressure.

I have always thought that dandruff was more than dead skin, and actually more of a chemical reaction of an oily scalp combined with shampoo ingredients as well. Seems to be true in my case.

dies it make your scalp itch?

Actually not really, just an annoyance especially when it forms in the hairline.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)