18yo question

fsfdsa

Hi.

I am 18 years old and it seems like I'm damned.

I went to a dermatologist half a month ago and she said I'm fine, "it's just the way my hair grows". But that does not seem right.:confused:

Is it indeed balding?

IMG_20130716_092612.jpg.2a5135e2f356ce8c25fb9dbc88ea7523.jpg

IMG_20130716_092920.jpg.dd4d796b694046bee25a29f170648909.jpg

IMG_20130716_100331.jpg.2244117ba646bc10c759fabefd50d2dc.jpg

IMG_20130715_172355.jpg.03244fa9c2560c10bd1c0dd0ab11b6aa.jpg

fsfdsa,

Your hairline looks like it's matured and your hair does appear quite thin. Do you have any older photos for comparison?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Not an expert or vet, but looking at 2010/1, seems like you've always had fine caliber hair. The density does seem higher back then, but it's hard to tell due to your fine caliber and low res pics. I wouldn't say you're experiencing alarming recession and miniaturization, as the temples and whatnot show typical maturation. However, I would keep an eye on your forelock and frontal third to see if the miniaturization progresses (hair shafts get thinner), as you are only 18. There's always Minoxidil and Finasteride at this stage. Also due to your fine hair, I think a shorter cut suits you best.

Does your family have any history of MPB?

NoTakeBacks,

One of my grandfathers is 100% gray without any recession, other one(maternal) had an NW 2.5 in his 60es so also okay. My dad though is a 4.

You're saying I need to get a shorter cut in order to be 100% sure is it indeed mpb kicking in or just my hair's like that? The derm said that If I cut my hair it will look normal or something like that :confused:, referring to hair loss.

Fs,

It's difficult to tell whether or not you are showing signs of early androgenic alopecia (genetic patterned hair loss) or if you have a matured hairline with naturally fine caliber hair.

I think it's probably best to get a second opinion from a trusted hair loss expert. The good news is that if you are experiencing hair loss, you've caught it early and stand a good chance of maintaining a lot of native hair.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I agree that you should probably see a recommended doctor for an opinion. You do not need a transplant but it he or she confirms that you are losing hair, you can may save yourself a lot of heartache by getting on finasteride.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I agree you should see a recommended Doctor.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.