Hair systems Australia

matt74

Hey Matt,

I'm sure that it will be fine - I don't want to stress you out. You’ve made a big decision and you are relying on their expertise to get the whole thing right.

I have previously had a mould of my head taken to match the contour of my head so the piece can be made to match your head shape. Also it will ensure that you get good strong bond. However they might have a base that is flexible enough to allow it to fit the shape to your head without doing any mould. The colour thing is a pretty standard thing though.

Did you decide to get it there and then because you've made up your mind?

When I was at AHS, they had a similar product called NSG and I got 6 units a year and after they got the adhesive right, I didn't have to do any maintenance myself. However I was there every second Friday for a refusion, so it would be secure before my footy game on Saturday.

Cheers mate - I'm sure it will be all good.

I just decided that I didn't really want to mess around and I wanted to get something ontop of my head ASAP...lol.

I figured that most of the larger companies that offer hair systems are offering pretty much the same service and a similar price with a similar product. That was my thoughts at the time.

If it looks good it'll be the best thing I could possibly do for myself. My hair loss has really affected my life, I don't go out without a cap on, haven't had the confidence to meet girls or have a girlfriend since it started. I think this will change things if it looks good and I'm feeling good about the future.

I just decided that I didn't really want to mess around and I wanted to get something ontop of my head ASAP...lol.

I figured that most of the larger companies that offer hair systems are offering pretty much the same service and a similar price with a similar product. That was my thoughts at the time.

If it looks good it'll be the best thing I could possibly do for myself. My hair loss has really affected my life, I don't go out without a cap on, haven't had the confidence to meet girls or have a girlfriend since it started. I think this will change things if it looks good and I'm feeling good about the future.

Just manage your expectations. It'll take some getting used to at first. Also might take a few tries before you get it looking as good as you want.

I'm still on my first full sized unit and there are several things I don't like about it that I can't wait to fix on the next.

Worth giving them a phone call about the lack of taking measurements. At least to understand why that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Last year I joined a hair club and am unhappy with the service. I received the two systems six weeks later than promised but I had them cut in at a salon which they employ. That was fine even though I was promised 'in house, styling. Unfortunately the free monthly attachments haven't materialised. I still go to the same salon to have it done but the hair club won't answer any calls from them and so I have to pay myself on top of my monthly fee. I think this is a breach of contract and just wondered if any of you have cancelled a contract and where You think I would stand if it went to court. Thanks in advance.

Aaran

Last year I joined a hair club and am unhappy with the service. I received the two systems six weeks later than promised but I had them cut in at a salon which they employ. That was fine even though I was promised 'in house, styling. Unfortunately the free monthly attachments haven't materialised. I still go to the same salon to have it done but the hair club won't answer any calls from them and so I have to pay myself on top of my monthly fee. I think this is a breach of contract and just wondered if any of you have cancelled a contract and where You think I would stand if it went to court. Thanks in advance.

Aaran

That's not good, mind me asking which company you're using?

Hey Matt,

I'm sure that it will be fine - I don't want to stress you out. You’ve made a big decision and you are relying on their expertise to get the whole thing right.

I have previously had a mould of my head taken to match the contour of my head so the piece can be made to match your head shape. Also it will ensure that you get good strong bond. However they might have a base that is flexible enough to allow it to fit the shape to your head without doing any mould. The colour thing is a pretty standard thing though.

Did you decide to get it there and then because you've made up your mind?

When I was at AHS, they had a similar product called NSG and I got 6 units a year and after they got the adhesive right, I didn't have to do any maintenance myself. However I was there every second Friday for a refusion, so it would be secure before my footy game on Saturday.

Cheers mate - I'm sure it will be all good.

Here's some pics of the hair system, overall I'm very happy with it and feel comfortable walking around with it in public...just feels like my own hair to be honest. The pics don't really do it justice in my opinion, looks more natural in person. Maybe a little thick around the front but some people have thick hairlines. Let me know what you think.

I went for short around the back and sides and left some length on top so I can have options for styles. I have to go back in a week and the hair tech will do some adjusting and check everything is good then I go back every few weeks for clean ups etc...

Couldn't be more happy with the service, all up front without hiding the price, friendly hair technician who gave me a good cut in. This will make a huge difference in my life, I'm feeling really good now.

5b32da1f6cde7_2005-01-1922_55_20.jpg.6262c9eb3c0bfdef9381e7ff1453ee88.jpg

5b32da1f8e767_2005-01-1922_54_00.jpg.a2464728ea3c7d55b5474c87372d4eeb.jpg

Edited by matt74

Hey Matt. Congratulations, looks great!

I thought the same thing about the front feeling too thick at first. Got used to it pretty quickly though. Yours doesn't appear unnaturally thick at all.

May I ask what the base is like? Is it a lace? or a transparent plastic sheath?

Also, here's some good tips for making them last longer without fading, getting dry or thinning (ignoring the fact that it's aimed at DIY wearers):

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
outside link removed

Hey Matt. Congratulations, looks great!

I thought the same thing about the front feeling too thick at first. Got used to it pretty quickly though. Yours doesn't appear unnaturally thick at all.

May I ask what the base is like? Is it a lace? or a transparent plastic sheath?

Also, here's some good tips for making them last longer without fading, getting dry or thinning (ignoring the fact that it's aimed at DIY wearers):

How to care for your CoolPiece

Thanks for the feedback, I'm really happy with the result and wish I'd done it earleir to be honest.

I'm not sure what a lace system is but with this one you can see the scalp.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm really happy with the result and wish I'd done it earleir to be honest.

I'm not sure what a lace system is but with this one you can see the scalp.

This is what a lace base looks like:

Lace-Base-Hair-Systems.jpg

This is what a skin base looks like:

17.jpg

A good quality version of either type will allow you to see the scalp without looking suspicious.

Can you tell which of these yours is?

Also, did they use adhesive all over your scalp? or just the edges? or did they use tape around the edges instead?

I just ask these things because your good experience with World HS is making me very tempted to switch to them :P

Just a bit further to drive is the only downside.

This is what a lace base looks like:

Lace-Base-Hair-Systems.jpg

This is what a skin base looks like:

17.jpg

A good quality version of either type will allow you to see the scalp without looking suspicious.

Can you tell which of these yours is?

Also, did they use adhesive all over your scalp? or just the edges? or did they use tape around the edges instead?

I just ask these things because your good experience with World HS is making me very tempted to switch to them :P

Just a bit further to drive is the only downside.

Okay, it's a lace system. They used adhesive all over the scalp with no tape.

I haven't had any dealings with other companies so can't compare but I can tell you that I'm very happy with the product and I'd recommend them to you if you're thinking of a change.

I know what you mean about the distance, I'm making the trip out to Parramatta from Hurstville...a good 40 minute drive each way.

Hey Craig,

Thanks man, my family think it looks great and I've had nothing but positive feedback from people. I've always worn a cap at work so no one there even knew I had a hair loss problem but over the last week I've started to take the cap off and will eventually stop wearing it all together just to gradually get people used to seeing me without it...no one there has noticed it.

Only problem I have is that if I do any excersise or take a shower the glue on the hairline comes loose and I have to reglue it which is a pain in the arse but I'm going in for a check up and maintenance tomorrow afternoon so hopefully they can do something for me.

Only problem I have is that if I do any excersise or take a shower the glue on the hairline comes loose and I have to reglue it which is a pain in the arse but I'm going in for a check up and maintenance tomorrow afternoon so hopefully they can do something for me.

Given that you've only had it attached for a week that's odd.

Perhaps they started you off with a weaker than usual adhesive just to experiment?

I usually avoid wetting my hair or doing anything that will cause me to sweat alot for about 40+ hours after getting it bonded. It still hasn't set properly during this period and is more vulnerable.

For me sometimes during exercise or heavy sweating it might become looseish around a point at the edge, but once you cool down the glue kind of just re-sets and goes back to being as strong as before.

Maybe try having the shower on a cooler temperature also.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone recommend any decent hair systems in Adelaide? I'm going off a HT and am leaning more and more towards a system.

I've been quoted ~$2,500 by Transition Hair Group in North Adelaide, but I'm not sure what exactly that covers.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I am lost and scared...

I am currently in Asia, but will be relocating to Melbourne soon (by early 2016). I have been wearing hair for about 4 years now and how it works with my current service provider is that, I am on contract where they provide 3 hair pieces per year. I visit their clinic/shop/salon about once or twice a month. During these visits (often called 'service'), they would remove the hair piece, clean my scalp, trim my hair, clean the hair piece, and attach.

I have also been using glue ever since I started wearing hair. I've been reading about tapes and other methods, and have no clue how it works. Actually, every time I visit the salon/hair clinic, I just sit there and they do everything for me.

Now that I am relocating to Melbourne, I don't know if Melbourne has the same concept (of shop) where someone else does this for me.

If you know of any, please share and let me know. I am interested in the following:

1. Price (so I will know how much to set aside for this)

2. Operating hours (I will be working during work week, so I'm wondering if they're open on weekends

3. Or other alternatives like a DIY (which I am soooooooo clueless at this point on how this works) in Melbourne, and what the process is

3.1 Perhaps a class I can attend where someone can teach me how?

Again, I am lost and I don't know what to do. I would prefer the same method and use glue as I am pretty much familiar how it works (I go to the gym, swim, sweat, play sports, with ease).

Any form of assistance is highly appreciated. Thank you.

• 3 months later...