Few questions I need to know about HT and BHT.

Hello guys,

How can I know how many grafts is possible to take off my donor hair? I know it depends and each case is different, but around the average, How many usually is possible to take grafts from your donor?

2.Does it's possible to take hair off the legs, hands or stomach and put on your head? I mean, it won't leave any scar on ur body? it will be able to grow like a normal hair? Or it will stay short like it used to be on hands for example?

Thanks in advance!

I think the average person is 70grafts/cm2 and most people have about 5-7000 grafts total. however, that number increases or decreases significantly depending on donor density (how many grafts are in each cm2) and also scalp laxity (how much your scalp stretches). A hair HT patient can normally obtain more grafts by first maxing out their strip surgeries and then once they are unable to obtain more due to scalp laxity, they are able to extract additional grafts via FUE. Anoterh important factor in determining results is also your hair coarseness (how thick hair shafts are), and how many multi-hair grafts (3-4 hair/grafts) you have. All of these variables is why it makes it hard to tell each individual what kind of results they should expect for their particular situation.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I think the average person is 70grafts/cm2 and most people have about 5-7000 grafts total. however, that number increases or decreases significantly depending on donor density (how many grafts are in each cm2) and also scalp laxity (how much your scalp stretches). A hair HT patient can normally obtain more grafts by first maxing out their strip surgeries and then once they are unable to obtain more due to scalp laxity, they are able to extract additional grafts via FUE. Anoterh important factor in determining results is also your hair coarseness (how thick hair shafts are), and how many multi-hair grafts (3-4 hair/grafts) you have. All of these variables is why it makes it hard to tell each individual what kind of results they should expect for their particular situation.

Wow you know so much information, you should be a doctor Lol.

Well, i'm young, im just 19 and started to loss my hair when I was 15-16, my hair doesn't look good at all but i'm using Toppik and no1 has a clue that i'm going bald, and without toppik u can see how bad it looks like... basically I just want full hair on hairline, and some hair in the rest of my head, as long as toppik can catch it i'm fine with that.

There's one more thing I can't understand, what is 2cm\70 i always see people post it and i can't understand it..

Thanks again ^^

70 hair follicles for every centimeter squared. Meaning on any square on your head that is 1 cm by 1 cm there are 70 hairs. The average person has between 90-120 hairs on a cm2.

70 hair follicles for every centimeter squared. Meaning on any square on your head that is 1 cm by 1 cm there are 70 hairs. The average person has between 90-120 hairs on a cm2.

Oh that's nice, so someone that never had hairloss how many follicles he has for every centimeter?

thanks.

Body hair transplantation is used, but is often used as a last result after you have used all of the donor hair on your scalp first. Body hair maintains its growth properties as it had where it was extracted from, so it normally grows differently from hair. This is why beard hair is the most common form of hair that is used, because it has similar properties to scalp hair. However, there is a cosmetic difference that makes using BHT undesirable if too much is used.

And yes, it does leave scary, but it is normally masked by hair growing around it.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily