Growth in front at 4 months

NeedsMore

Hello all- first time posting for me. I'm four months post op with 2100FU in the front and mid scalp. I'm wondering what % of the grafts on average should have emerged in the hairline and front area at this point? I've read on here before that grafts generally emerge in the fron t first and that at 5 months on average 50% might have emerged in total but don't know what % of the front should have emerged by 4 months.

Thanks all!

Hello all- first time posting for me. I'm four months post op with 2100FU in the front and mid scalp. I'm wondering what % of the grafts on average should have emerged in the hairline and front area at this point? I've read on here before that grafts generally emerge in the fron t first and that at 5 months on average 50% might have emerged in total but don't know what % of the front should have emerged by 4 months.

Thanks all!

Needsmore, at only 4 months.. some could only expect 20- 40%.. That's really early, and depending on how you heal, could take a little longer.

Are or were you using Rogaine, and also are you taking MSM? Both will help in the growth cycle.

Agree with HBT (apart from the "Rogaine" bit, as always icon_wink.gif ). Hard to speak in terms of percentage though. One guy here recently posted that he was already seeing growth at 4 weeks post op, others don't see a thing until 3 months. At 4 months though, the regrowth process should be on its way & you should definitely see "something", ie new tiny hairs emerging each week. But if you have ANY concern at all just give a call to your doc: the cost is minimal & you'll feel much better afterwards. Who did your procedure? Can you post any pic?

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

Hair & Hair- thanks for the responses. I have definitely experienced growth and some of the newbies are growing quite well. My growth started early at about 8 weeks. Hard to estimate what has come in as I had a fair amount of existing hair(not bragging!). It would be great to know that I might see even more right in front but I'm not seeing any more emerging at this point so I'm curious. No pics at the moment. I went to Dr Lehr and at this point would recommend him and his staff highly.

Needsmore,

I would say from my vast experience that 4months would be about 25%, 6 months about 50%, 9months about 80% and 12 months 100% (however, I've had 1 procedure that was delayed about 3 months on the average on above timelines-- didnt get 100% growth until 18months on that HT).

Good luck.

i'll second that, I'm about 1 year out and still seeing some changes. My changes are more in that the implanted HAIRS finally losing some of their diameter, which is helping the hair blend in.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"