HT aggressive, youthfull hairlines

Hi, I have been looking at recent 2012/2013 before and after photos and youtube videos and it looks like aggressive hairlines in HT's are becoming more common than before?

I have seen NW6 patients getting aggressive hairlines in youtube video from dr Diep.

What do you think? Is it more important to have a natural hairline for my age (40) or to get the hairline that will make me look the best even if this will make it obvious that I had work done?

I think some patients have had too aggressive hairlines for sure, but some not. I think it is all about donor supply and hair characteriestics. Take me for example I am coming up on six months from my last HT with Dr. Rahal, and he is someone who some believe is too aggressive, however in my case he followed a very conservative hairline that was established with my previous very small procedure. Of course this is what I expected, but this was his recommendation without my input. The reasoning behind it is what I already knew, I have lower donor density and finer caliber hair, coupled with advanced loss, so in my case a more conservative hairline was in order. However if someone has a large number of donor available plus thick caliber hair then transplanting a more aggressive hairline might not be out of the question even if they have advanced loss.

Hairline placement is a tough call. You don't want a low and aggressive hairline, but you don't want to look like Bert and Ernie with hair just sitting on the top of your head either.

No, a NW6 should have not have an aggressive hairline.

I say always err on the side of natural.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.