Anyone had outside of crown transplanted?

Has anyone had their outside crown done? I mean the left and right sides of the crown that creeps to the side (Hate it!!).

I would love to hear about your experience and any advice you would like to share.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

im interested to read of anyones experience with transplanting into the crown too, im hitting my crown at xmas and was thinking of hitting the left and right sides with more density and sacrificing the middle part, i hate seeing my bald crown from the sides, its not a good look in my opinion. I still envisage having to use nanogen on the crown to bulk up the area , not sure how many grafts i have left. 'cant decide' 3000 odd grafts should be plenty to sort out yours, your lucky to have so many available for your next procedure, good luck with it mate, i will be very interested to follow your case...

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Thanks. I am shooting for 4000 actually. I cant wait!! :)

wow, amazing numbers mate, your crown should look awesome once those bad boys grow out :cool:

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Thanks so much. Dr. Rahal said 3500-4000 will not be an issue and that was before scalp laxity excercises which I have been doing many. Therefore, 4000 should be doable. This should leave me with 1500-2000 grafts for the future should I need them according to Dr. Rahal.

Thank god for my good donor....

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Awesome Can't-

You were DEFINITELY blessed in the donor department. I highly doubt you'll ever need another procedure after this. Can't wait to see it all and drool over your results!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

that was before scalp laxity excercises which I have been doing many.

Can't decide when do you think it is completely safe to begin doing scalp exercises post-op? For example I am 10 months post-op and like you I envision a followup procedure in the next year to "finish" my crown.

At my age I'd like to get on with it and be done, but I want to wait about 18 months for full revascularization.

I would think in the months following a surgery it would not be wise to start scalp exercises while the scar heals. So when is the point post-op when a patient can safely begin scalp exercises getting ready for a follow-up surgery? Is one year post-op enough time to start vigorous scalp stretching exercises?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Can't decide when do you think it is completely safe to begin doing scalp exercises post-op? For example I am 10 months post-op and like you I envision a followup procedure in the next year to "finish" my crown.

At my age I'd like to get on with it and be done, but I want to wait about 18 months for full revascularization.

I would think in the months following a surgery it would not be wise to start scalp exercises while the scar heals. So when is the point post-op when a patient can safely begin scalp exercises getting ready for a follow-up surgery? Is one year post-op enough time to start vigorous scalp stretching exercises?

Most say to wait until 12 months post op before starting exercises. But it depends on the person. For example, my donor was a tad tender and numb even after 12 months so I waited until it felt 100%. If yours feels good at 12 months, go for it. I would not start before 12 months.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Thanks Cant decide....I will wait at least a year.

Hey SMU (Dallas) is now in the same conference as UCONN.

Maybe we'll meet up at a game someday....

I sometimes make road trips & we can compare notes & do some tailgating.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Thanks Cant decide....I will wait at least a year.

Hey SMU (Dallas) is now in the same conference as UCONN.

Maybe we'll meet up at a game someday....

I sometimes make road trips & we can compare notes & do some tailgating.

Sounds great!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts