Want your opinion on my hairline design

Hello everyone, I would just like your opinion on the design of my FUE procedure I had done 12 days ago. I am 28 years old and had 1250 fue grafts in the frontal 1/3. In the pictures ive included you will notice my right temple is lower than the left and noticeably more dense. My question is do you think this was a deliberate choice to make the results appear more natural or did I just need more grafts than what I was booked for?

http://imageshack.us/a/img32/2632/img5165qh.jpg

Edited by RyanVodka

It is hard to tell at 12 days if there is more hair placed in one area , because some of the hairs most likely have started to fallout. Also if you want to check out if your hairline is lower on one side just measure the distance from the mid pupil line to the hairline placement on both sides and measure the distance from the ear to the corner of each temple. This will tell you if your hairline is the same or different.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

Some people have slanted hairlines naturally. I don't think it's going to make a noticeable difference in the end.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

thanks for the the replies guys. That is basically what I have been telling myself as well. I think it just stands out because of the stage that I'm in at the moment. Initially I didn't think I would make a post about my results but If any of you are interested in additional pictures or comments about my experience I can provide them.

It most definately is the stage. However, as I said, it's not extremely uncommon. What's funny, to me at least, is that I can only recall people having slanted hairlines with higher right sides. I don't ever see them to the left..

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

It most definately is the stage. However, as I said, it's not extremely uncommon. What's funny, to me at least, is that I can only recall people having slanted hairlines with higher right sides. I don't ever see them to the left..

yes, my right side was completely missing be4 ht

my left side was definitely more recessed than the right prior to surgery. I remember the doctor telling me that my bone structure was asymmetrical when we were designing the hairline. I guess I am just wondering what the logic is behind design of an asymmetrical hairline. Would a perfectly symmetrical hairline make the asymmetry of ones face become more apparent?

I just found a website that confirms what you said about the right side typically being more recessed. http://www.hairscientists.org/asymmetrical-hairloss.html according to their study only 23% were more recessed on the left. I guess I am one of the few :) The more I read into it the more I believe that the final design was the product of a surgeon that knew was he was doing rather than the opposite.

Addressing the question of asymmetry-

In general, most folks facial features are slightly asymmetrical- we can be fooled since there are pairs of eyes, pairs of ears, two nostrils to the nose- etc., the casual look sees "symmetry".

While taking measurements may be helpful, we have found that designing a hair line must take in the total "gestalt" of the persons facial features, as well as an artistic appreciation of facial "character".

For most patients, precise symmetry in a hair line would produce an unnatural look, as this amounts to placing a geometric shape on an organic form- not a good match. Above all, taking into account future hair loss and familial patterns should guide the placement as well as the shape (degree of recession) of the hairline. Density should vary as well along a hairline, as it does in nature. It is the art of respecting these subtle variations which occur in nature that leads to the recreation of a natural, non-man-made appearing result. As for the hairline above, I think, from what can be determined at this stage, that it designed just fine.

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors