SELF MADE Hair Bonding Spray for Strong Hold

As the title states I am spearheading an initiative to find a new solution to the easily smearable hair fibers. After reading posts of horror stories of being caught with your fibers missing in spots I thought it was time to get these guys holding onto your hair better. What do you do when you have a babe over for the night? Keep a hat on? Hope it doesn't fall off on the pillow? Walking around on eggshells is just flat out annoying. I need to have a little bit more assurance that I'm not going to look like a major a**hole if the *hit hits the fan and Im in the bush with my hair fibers(dramatic effect). But on a serious not I think the stuff could be held on better in case it gets bumped, rain, whatever. SO.... The past month i've been on hair extension forums, wig forums, even went to drag queen forums to uncover the top secrets. I admit I could have dug a little deeper but thats where Im hopping you guys come in.

TRIALS:

We need something that is going to have a very fine mist (so it will need to be able to get sprayed on)

1) Super Glue

a. I tried this and the super glue just hardened in the tube. Wasnt able to get sprayed on. I tried purchasing a catalyst and unfortunately if I payed attention in chemistry this may of worked better for me but I tried mineral oil. No luck it compromised the super glue and it clumped in the bottle. I tried applying the glue manually to my hair but overdid it and too much came out. I made a puddle of super glue on my head. I had to cut out a chunk of my hair. HOWEVER, to date this is the best holding and natural looking solution. Think it would have been great if I could have found a way to get this stuff into a fine mist.

2) 3M Spray Adhesive

Too rubbery, didnt harden well enough, and didnt dry clear.

3) Loctite 200

Spray was too direct. It didnt create a fine mist. It also wasnt hardening well enough and didnt dry clear

Next on the list:

Arabic Gum

Aleenes All Purpose

Going to start leaning towards non aeresol craft glues that may harden better and clearer. I dont think the hold is so much important as the hardness of the dry. If it drys on clear and hard and can be applied with a fine mist it will hold a reasonable amount .

TRYING TO FIND A SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM. INPUT IS APPRECIATED AND I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY BUT IT NEEDS TO GET DONE.

Ever seen There's Something about Mary? :)

But in all sincerity, please be careful what you spray on yourself. Some of this stuff sounds dangerous.

images.jpg.c9d2e626396e62b404baa7cee78e7c2c.jpg

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Well.. I guess its bad enough a problem that the risk involved is worth it. Ill take one for the team I think its a HUGE HUGE problem and if I do end up finding a solution it will be something that will make a lot of people feel more comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...