Still a bit red at 10 months

I'm delighted at my progress, but I can't help but notice there is still some very faded redness around the base of the hairline.

At what point do I resign myself to accepting it's going to be permanent?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Tommy,

It's highly doubtful that your redness is permanent. My donor area remained pinkish for months *can't remember just how many). I've also seen one or two posts over the years from guys who had to deal with it for an extended period but I'm quite confident it will eventually fade away.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I'm not sure about the donor, I had it checked 2 months ago and it was healing really well apparently. I've been quite "blase" about the donor and scar actually!

The recipient seems to be a bit red infront of the new hair on the left hand side, it's much better on the right. VERY faded, and only noticeable to my eyes I'm sure.......but it's there. It seems quite obvious to me when the hair is wet too.

Not a problem though, even "minor problem"would be an overstatement. Just got me wondering that's all......I can more than live with it like that - but obviously I'd prefer it to fully disappear.

Thanks for the replies!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

• 4 weeks later...

What a difference over the last few weeks! It's gone! Wahooooooooooooo.

No idea I keep it at the same length, it's very hard to find though. I've had no issues at all - don't even remember it's there most of the time.

It's definitely a case of getting it off your mind and seeing where you are in a year. It's a long road...