Dr Wesley scarless pilofocus

Hi just wanted everyones opinions on Dr wesleys scarless pilofocus procedure.

he has filed a patent: Hair Restoration - Patent application

it seems to explain how the procdure will work and that follicles will be extracted using a probe from under the scalp.

Dr wesley will be presenting all of the details at the ISHRS conference in october.

more info here: Scarless Hair Transplantation by Carlos K. Wesley, MD

So basically the advantages are: no visible scarring, Yield is in line with FUT, more grafts can be extracted compared to FUE due to reduced fibrotic tissue, there is also anecdotal evidence of donor follicle regeneration.

Also, spencer Kobren from the bald truth has spoken to Dr Wesley and believes this is a game changer.

What are your opinions?

Edited by splitting hairs

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Having spoken to Dr. Wesley on this a long time ago (and not having "spilled the beans), all I can say is that those who have analyzed this believe it will be a game changer. Without commenting on the patent application or procedure (I say let Dr. Wesley do that in October), just remember that to take a new device from beginning to end means development of equipment, proof of efficacy in living (and at first deceased) subjects, double blind resting, putting up or finding the finances to develop all this, etc. etc, while at the same time Dr. Wesley has been performing his regular HT duties. The man consistently gets recognized for his clear and scientific explanations to patients. I believe Pilotherapy is a game changer and Dr. Wesley MAY go down as one of the pioneers in the field. I believe even he would refrain from thinking about such judgements until this method has been on the market for years and is mainstreamed. He is a true pro and we all look forward to his commentary when he is ready.