Agenteye's 6 Month's Post-Op Photos- 4737 FUT transplant with Dr. Rahal

Hello Everyone-

Hope you guys are all having a terrific Memorial Day weekend.....been beautiful here in Nevada!!!

I am just writing in to post my current photos. I am now 6 full months in from my 4737 graft transplant with Dr. Rahal. Unfortunately, nothing really too exciting to report from my last month post and photos....hair may be increasing in density a bit, but the change has been very slight and gradual. No surprises really, I was mostly expecting it. :rolleyes:

Overall, I am still very happy with my results up to this point. In looking at photos however, I have decided that I will definitely be going back for a second procedure to thicken up some areas, including the bridge (where there were no grafts placed) and maybe some extra crown work. Unfortunately, having dark hair such as mine....you can see all the areas that are thin and contrast with the scalp. This will be much later on down the line, as I am pretty content with the way things have shaped up to be currently. I think it is safe to say, that there was a pretty substantial change when you compare my pre-op photos to where I am today. I figure I will get some added density in the upcoming months ahead, and that will make me a little less self-conscious about my hair than I am as I write this update!

The photo album (with link below) was taken exactly 6 months from my procedure. As always, I tried to snap the photos in very natural lighting, and very harsh lighting.....to make my hair appear in the most undesirable way possible. I think it looks much better in person than it does in these photos. To remain consistent with quality and accuracy, I continue to shoot the photos with the camera on my iPhone 4S. Some of the photos are slightly blurry, but give you a very good general idea of where I am. The photos this time around were taken with absolutely zero product in my hair. The photos taken in the green and blue shirt are of me without a haircut......and then I clipped my hair immediately after with a 4-guard on the sides and a 6-guard on top. The photos in the "Haus Bicycle" shirt were taken the same day, immediately after my haircut.

As always, please feel free to leave any questions/comments!! This forum is an excellent source of information and support, and I hope to continue to give back to the community in any way I can.

Thanks for reading guys, and hope all is well with all of you!

Best,

Mike :cool:

6 MONTH POST OP PHOTOS!

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Hahaha, I should probably update that quote....forgot I still had it on here. Thanks buddy!! =)

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

That looks fantastic for just 6 months. Believe me, the density will just about double by 12 months. I remember at 6 months saying "Yeah, I am happy even if it stops here" but inside, I wanted more density....and it came by 12 months. Your 6 month pics remind me of mine at 6 months.

Your crown looks great. How big was it and how many grafts were placed there?

Congrats my friend, looking good!!!! Don't let the hair greed creep in (at least not for another couple of years :)). Enjoy it!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Can't-

As always buddy, thanks so much for the support!!! :D I still to this day do not know where/how the 4737 grafts were distributed......haha, I should probably ask Dr. Rahal and team to see if they documented the distribution of the grafts so I can be better equipped to answer other forum member questions here....seems to be a pretty commonly asked question.

I do know that it made a decent difference in what I've had come in so far, and I think it's going to continue to do so, as the crown has certainly come in slower than any of the other recipient areas (which I was expecting)!! Here are several before photos I took a month before my restoration surgery, at the Rahal clinic on procedure day, and then immediately post-op. Hopefully they will help to highlight my pre-op state and give you an idea of what the size of the area where grafts were placed into my crown!! I think it looks pretty decent so far, but it's hard not to get a little hair greed.....especially when I see a stud like you, and the results/difference that your restoration made in your looks. It's still early days for me.....so again, I don't want to make any decisions on further work until I get to at least 18 months from this first round.......

photo-8.jpg.582b5da9e97d9683f382765afe4c870b.jpg

photo-7.jpg.f3fe1ca627868bff191aebb07dd1bc7a.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg.2e514916b1355a614c8a4d59a73fbcd4.jpg

IMG_6497.jpg.29191ae45b27c67908e761f8bad74c79.jpg

photo-96.JPG.2c68891b00a6a62cf01b36d70ef63a65.JPG

IMG_6645.jpg.ceb0e594a83550ea0e3f0d3a8533d70c.jpg

photo-30.JPG.1d475284136d0efdfb54cef853b6b79d.JPG

photo-45.JPG.d305424c9d03ac68cd37084481eacf7e.JPG

I would guess you had about 1800 put in the crown in an area of about 45 sq cm. Thanks again for your positive feedback on my results. However, my crown is getting me down and in August, I am hitting it with 4000 grafts with Rahal. Then, I should be a done deal. I am also tweaking the temples just a bit.

Congrats again and I cant wait to see you at 12 months. Grow on bud...

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

That looks fantastic for just 6 months. Believe me, the density will just about double by 12 months. I remember at 6 months saying "Yeah, I am happy even if it stops here" but inside, I wanted more density....and it came by 12 months. Your 6 month pics remind me of mine at 6 months.

Your crown looks great. How big was it and how many grafts were placed there?

Congrats my friend, looking good!!!! Don't let the hair greed creep in (at least not for another couple of years :)). Enjoy it!!

Mike I couldn't agree more with Can't (weird sentence to write! ha).... I don't have the personal experience of having been to Rahal before/ grown out result I mean but, and I know you know this as well as anyone, 6 months is waaayy to early to be thinking about another procedure. Good to hear that you're not really and it's just excited impatience :D but I reckon at 12 months it's gonna be an incredible transformation!

I mean it already is.... you look sooo different, your hairline is awesome it totally frames your face. To any but the most critical observers (i.e. yourself and guys on a HT forum evaluating your growth) you look like you've got pretty much a full head of hair again. Congrats mate. Stoked for you. As Can't said, for now just enjoy it :)

Hahahahahaha thanks guys! Don't get me wrong! I want another procedure to hit some areas we didn't get the first time around, but most definitely not in a hurry for it! I am really happy with the way this first procedure has already changed my appearance. Another to add some finishing touches in the future will just be icing on the cake!!