What should I do ?

I have been advised for 1800 Grafts. The HT surgeon that I am planning to do my HT is going to be a different surgeon. However I also consulted one more very reputed and renowned HT surgeon and currently as a promotional offer he is offering a deal where in normally where he charges around $4 per graft, just to make the patient aware of the quality he offers and what is the FUE HT procedure all going to be like, he is offering a deal where he can do a HT of 100 grafts @ $2 this is only for 100 grafts for rest the rate of $4 is applicable. He is saying go for the 100 grafts offer and see if you feel ok about this entire thing.

My question is when I need 1800 grafts in total how is 100 graft going to help me, meaning where do I get the 100 hair grafts transplanted, which area of my scalp, my head. I don't see any advantage of just doing a 100 Graft HT, How can I take advantage of this offer. Will it help me know any details about the result or procedure based on which I can further decide to go for the remaining 1700 grafts(Which I am planning to do with the first surgeon whose rates are far far low then this second surgeon who is giving me this offer)

Augusta,

Are you comfortable undergoing surgery with a different doctor who, I assume, you've never met? Also, can you do the first 100 grafts at the reduced price on the same day you undergo the additional 1,700 at the original price? If so, this doesn't seem like it is out of the ordinary. However, doing 100 grafts alone and then returning for a second procedure of 1,700 grafts would likely involve a 12 month gap in between the two procedures.

What's more, 100 grafts (alone) won't likely do anything significant on its own. What's more, going to one surgeon for 100 grafts at a discounted rate, and then another for an additional 1,700 seems like a pain as well.

Have you actually booked surgery yet? While I don't want to discourage you from moving forward if you are prepared to do so, it seems like some additional time to think and research may be helpful.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Augusta,

Are you comfortable undergoing surgery with a different doctor who, I assume, you've never met? Also, can you do the first 100 grafts at the reduced price on the same day you undergo the additional 1,700 at the original price? If so, this doesn't seem like it is out of the ordinary. However, doing 100 grafts alone and then returning for a second procedure of 1,700 grafts would likely involve a 12 month gap in between the two procedures.

What's more, 100 grafts (alone) won't likely do anything significant on its own. What's more, going to one surgeon for 100 grafts at a discounted rate, and then another for an additional 1,700 seems like a pain as well.

Have you actually booked surgery yet? While I don't want to discourage you from moving forward if you are prepared to do so, it seems like some additional time to think and research may be helpful.

Good luck!

I have kind of had detailed consultation/Discussion with both the Doctors One Personal other Virtual. The Doctor who is offering me a discount rate, I cannot do the entire HT with him is baecause for the entire thing the overall expense just blows me out of my place. It is simply out of question, not possible. I just wanted to have a taste of how the HT will look like and that is why I was looking at this offer as a Prelude as a Introduction. This same discounted rate is not being offered by the HT surgeon who I plan to do the entire surgery from.

So you are the saying it is not a good idea is it ? and even If I do this 100 grafts at a different point of my head say temples and the other I am planning to do at my peak ? will it still involve a gap of 12 months ? Well if that is the case it makes no sense atall to go for this offer IMO ?

I have kind of had detailed consultation/Discussion with both the Doctors One Personal other Virtual. The Doctor who is offering me a discount rate, I cannot do the entire HT with him is baecause for the entire thing the overall expense just blows me out of my place. It is simply out of question, not possible. I just wanted to have a taste of how the HT will look like and that is why I was looking at this offer as a Prelude as a Introduction. This same discounted rate is not being offered by the HT surgeon who I plan to do the entire surgery from.

So you are the saying it is not a good idea is it ? and even If I do this 100 grafts at a different point of my head say temples and the other I am planning to do at my peak ? will it still involve a gap of 12 months ? Well if that is the case it makes no sense atall to go for this offer IMO ?

The bottom line here is that there is no point of just doing 100 grafts.

From the time you do the transplant to the time you will see the full results takes between 12-16 months. Why don't you just find a doctor thats recommended and in your price range and go for a consultation?