Shock loss

Hi,

Wanted to know when can shock loss occur. Can it occur just after the surgery or will it happen after a few weeks?

I had a transplant 8 days back and can hardly see any old hair coming out. The doctor had shaved my recipient area.

Thanks

Ak

Shock Loss is a possibility which may or may ot happen, depending on a lot of factors. Skill of Doctor, Equipments like Punch, Magnification, Light and other supportive mechanism which are used for a successful HT. There is no general theory if didn't happen with you it will not happen to others and vice-a-versa !

Yes I understand that shock loss may or may not occur. My question was different. If it does occur then when does it occur? Can it occur just after the surgery or does it occur after 2-3 weeks?

Mine was about 3 weeks ish after in the donor from fue!! Quite a lot!! Havnt worried about it though, should grow back as the donor hairs won't be miniaturised, hopefully the recip hasn't been to affected hard to tell as I keep shaving down to 1 guard!!

I started to get it in the recipient area about 2.5 weeks post op. Up until then almost nothing fell out. At that point it stated pouring out. I was getting heaps each night in the shower. I'm 4.5 weeks out now and its starting to slow down.

Different for everybody I guess, but for most i think it usually occurs 2-4 weeks post op.