Hair growth timeline & survival rate" 2nd" procedure. Help Please.

Hi

This is my second procedure where I'm 9 months in. The 1st I was scammed by a UK surgeon where I only received about 20% of the grafts I paid for and the few grafts that were placed grew with incorrect angels etc. (I suppose I could say I'm fortunate that I only received 20%)

I'm very pleased with my second procedure, the yield is good and the new hairline is undetectable. However there is a gap in the right temple in the area where the majority of grafts were placed from the 1st procedure. Could it be that the yield from the 2nd procedure is not great there due to the grafts been placed in scar tissue? Could it eventually fill in as the growth rate may slower?

I appreciate it could also be shock or further hair loss, although I have almost ruled this out by referencing pre-surgery pictures.

Thanks

Growth tends to be slower in the areas of existing scar tissue. This is why many repair patients are slow growers.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Nick, I had a failed FUT and then 9 months later a succesful FUE. I would say that my growth rate second time round was very slow up until six months. I am now 10 months and the transplants look a lot healthier. I took a lot of dietary precautions second time around to boost the nutrients to my new hair. I can only say that it was when I started taking marine collagen supplements with saw palmetto daily that my hair really started to look shiny and healthy. Gingko biloba with vitamin E and dmae from twinlabs also with plenty of good protein foods and a non sulphate, keratin shampoo. Hope that gives you some ideas on healing and nurturing your transplanted hairs.

nick,

At nine months post-op most of the grafts should be sprouted by now, but yes it is possible that the area that is thin is just a tad bit behind. Hard to say how much scarring was developed in the area from the prior procedure, but I would give it more time.

If you reach one year post-op and still not much of a yield in that area, you can always try some FUE grafts (singles) and see how the yield goes.

It sounds like you went to a different doctor for the recent procedure?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the replies. Yes I went to DR Mwamba for the 2012 procedure and just yesterday had a second procedure for some temple work. We also put some some additional grafts to fill the gap behind the right temple:)

Hope you get some good regrowth and let us know how things progress for you. ;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY