Strip scar and fue procedure

Hi guys . Im having fue procedure in july.

I have previous strip scar from procedure last year.

I am toying with partial shaving or going for more grafts and shaving right down.

Im a bit conscious of my scar being visible.

Can anyone tell me after the hair is shaven how long is it until it grows back that scar is hidden again.

I guess what i want to know is a post fue hair growth timeline.

Anyone with experience of this be great to hear from

Ding,

Hair grows at a rate of approximately 1/2 inches per month. Knowing this, you can probably estimate how long it would take to regenerate the hair in the donor region after FUE extraction. This is assuming no sort of "shock loss" took place, as this could add an additional 3-5 months in growth time.

As far as a timeline for FUE growth, it's the same as FUT. You can expect to shed the implanted grafts between day 10 and month 2 (possibly up to 2.5 months) and see new growth starting around the 3 month mark. The new follicular units will continue to grow and mature until the 12 month mark. At this point in time, your results are fully developed, and you can assess the success of your procedure.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.