Nizoral Post-Transplant?

Hi all,

Healing is going well (normal washing and scabs gone since day 7), I am now at Day 17. Of course I want to reduce DHT in the process so I want to get back to using Nizoral in additionoto my finasteride. Any thoughts on when you should start post HT?

Hope you are all growing well!

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Hi all,

Healing is going well (normal washing and scabs gone since day 7), I am now at Day 17. Of course I want to reduce DHT in the process so I want to get back to using Nizoral in additionoto my finasteride. Any thoughts on when you should start post HT?

Hope you are all growing well!

At 17 days post-op you can resume using the Nizoral shampoo at the same frequency you did before the procedure. I hope you were not told you needed to stop taking Finesteride. If you were, I recommend you start taking it again immediately.

Thank you Dr. Charles for your suggestion on the Nizoral, yes - I never stopped taking the finasteride, so I am good to go!

Thanks for your input Bill and Spex; to be on the safe side, I think I will give it another 12-14 days.

My post-op routine has been perfect with regards to healing using saline-spray and lately just adding some tea-tree oil to my shampoo and conditioner. No sense of messing it up for a couple weeks!