Chicago hair restoration

Hi guys,

this is my first post, although I do read them quite frequently (also just decided to create an account). I am new to Chicago and am 27 years old. I had some work done in Florida in July 2010 when I was 24. I have heard it may be young, but I run on confidence and losing one's hair at a young age can be self deprecating. I think a lot of it was due to stress from school/law school etc.

I had a procedure done in 2010 and still feel like I did not get my money's worth. Either it never worked, or I lost more hair than was put in. Either way, I continue to feel upset about it.

I am looking for a good doctor in Chicago ASAP. I can no longer let this go on.

Any advice would be appreciated

I wouldn't normally recommend somebody to confine their choice of doc to just one city, but you're very lucky in that you're city has brilliant hair restoration clinics. Konior, Keller and Panine are recommended here and have plenty of great results. Research the 3 of them thoroughly and try to arrange an in-person consultation with them.

For what it's worth, Konior is a big favourite of mine, which many on here will echo.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Firstly, who did you get your first surgery from? Do you have pictures?

Secondly, if you are keen on staying in Chicago area for your surgery, Dr. Konior is amongst the best in the world and has incredible results

Raymond Konior, MD. - hair restoration surgeon

In order for us to assess the situation, you're going to have to give us more information about your balding, how far you are progressed, how many grafts you had last time, how good of a donor area you have, etc..

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I wouldn't normally recommend somebody to confine their choice of doc to just one city, but you're very lucky in that you're city has brilliant hair restoration clinics. Konior, Keller and Panine are recommended here and have plenty of great results. Research the 3 of them thoroughly and try to arrange an in-person consultation with them.

For what it's worth, Konior is a big favourite of mine, which many on here will echo.

Echo!!!!!

He's my personal favorite too. But that isn't to say that you won't get incredible results elsewhere.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I went to Paul Rose in Tampa. I heard he recently moved to Miami. I don't have pictures from then, but I obviously can provide where I am as of now. It would take me some time to recover those photos from the office.

Like I said, it could be a number of reasons, but judging the area focused on, one would not expect the area to look as it does, currently.

The people at the office were incredibly friendly as was Dr. Rose. I just feel that the current state of the area implanted does not look as it should given the amount of grafts (2k+)

I am sure there are several good hair restoration doctors in the Chicago area. I have seen some very impressive results by Dr. Konior and he is a very personable and honest guy. Definitely make that one of your stops before making any decisions.

Konior is a must see for anybody who resides in Chicago. Panine and Keller should be seen also considering they are so close by. SMG is a 7 hour ride away as is Rahal (approximately.) As others have said you can do a video consultation with anyone in the world and then go off of recommendations and published results. Do your research and good luck!