I've Got Two-Tone Hair

Here’s an interesting development. I'm nearly 9 months into the HT and my transplanted hair at the front 1/3rd is growing a different colour to the sides which is my original hair. The donor hair is darker at the back of my head than the sides, so that's the reason.

When I style it combed back, you can see there is a line.

It doesn’t worry me much, but it is starting to get more noticeable now as it gets longer. I was hoping the recipient hair would go grey fairly soon, but that’s not happening. I doubt whether anyone will identify it as a transplant, but it does look a little strange to me.

Anyone else have this happen, and what did you do about it? I don't want to color it or change the style, so I'm probably stuck with it for a while.

BTW, this is not a complaint. I'm just delighted to have enough growth to be worried!

2-tone-hair.JPG.7146cf8c9168b82c9fddb88af6003d5f.JPG

Edited by sunhead
Added more info

Looks great. I would let it go through another cycle before you dye it. The color really helps to make it look more dense.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I had the exact same issue as you did. I have blonde hair and the donor hair in the recipient area was darker. This concerned me as well, but after a couple of growth cycles, it lightened up and is now a non-issue. It did take over a year to get to that point.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Btw, who did your ht and how many grafts?

Dr Path, 3100 grafts. Excellent job with which I'm very pleased, and he did say that the color would change in time and it would go grey.

This morning I changed the style to my old side part, and this seems to have solved the problem... the new hair blends a lot better and it also seems to have thicker coverage.

At the time I remember Dr Path saying that he was going to distribute the transplanted hair so that I had more thickness at the parting, and this has happened as he said.

Interesting stage, none of the things that have happened to my hair that I expected - I thought it would be a slow growth since I'm 60+, but it has been the same as everyone else. And the kinky stage is straightening out nicely too, much earlier than I expected.

Altogether a very good decision to have an HT done, I'm well pleased.

I had the exact same issue as you did. I have blonde hair and the donor hair in the recipient area was darker. This concerned me as well, but after a couple of growth cycles, it lightened up and is now a non-issue. It did take over a year to get to that point.

Good to know, thanks.