How many grafts did you get from a scar revision?

For those who fall into the category of having a FUT scar revision performed in order to obtain a thinner scar, how many additional grafts were obtained as a consequence of excising the previous scar?

I heard from many patients and some doctors that around 500 grafts can come especially when removing the scar tissue is the main priority. Hope this helps Bro.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I got 623 from my scar revision in 2010 but that was also because Dr Hasson wanted to get some grafts for my hairline. There is no way of really answering you question as to how many you will get because it will come down to.

1. The width of your scar

2. Your laxity

3. The density around the scar

If you are hoping for some grafts you should loosen up your scalp which I am sure you must be doing and make sure the Doctor knows this is what you want beforehand.

Good luck

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Naturally every case will vary. I typically see 250-500. Assuming you are 100% in the boat of the best scar possible and not shooting for additional grafts.

With a low count and not wanting to waste donor hair I imagine every case is different, but I'd also be curious to know how patients/doctors choose to utilize those hairs. Go after the thinner spots or thicken it up by going in between as many grafts as possible in certain areas or trying to improve a hairline.

Yes I think you are right around 250 grafts possibly more would be an average. As to what is best to use these grafts for most Doctors would recommend the hairline as this will have the best visual impact once grown in. If someone has a thin area then 250 grafts would help it really depends of your level of loss.

Someone with advanced hair loss like myself 250 would not really make a noticeable difference in the crown. Some patients who have multiple scars sometimes place these grafts into another scar that is more difficult to revise or where there is not enough laxity to revise to break it up a little.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson