Did I pulled out my grafts?

I am really disappointed in what's going on, I received 2300 grafts on monday, today is the 8th day and I have these hairless cracks appearing, I am not sure what is going on, I wash my head with baby shampoo like doctor advised me to, no shower, light massage with fingertips and every time I wash my head i can see hair with black bulbs and skin around in the sink

I am really concerned because I had large area on the donor site and if I will need more grafts I don't know if I will be able to have them, should I contact my doctor? Did I pull my grafts out? Those hairless lines are becoming wider with every day

First photo is day 5 and second photo is day 8 now in the morning. I feel desperate that I pulled my grafts out

will those places be hairless now?

IMG902.jpg.b39a18c5222d8af3c3899c3be486b616.jpg

IMG1020.jpg.3e6011711157710c09bbecf153153bdd.jpg

Edited by Bonaparts
grammar mistakes

I had the same thing happen to me at day five or six. The literature I received from my doc said this is normal. The scalp is spreading and it appears that there are no grafts in that area but it should return to normal within a few days, which was the case with my scalp.

I had the same thing happen to me at day five or six. The literature I received from my doc said this is normal. The scalp is spreading and it appears that there are no grafts in that area but it should return to normal within a few days, which was the case with my scalp.

Do those ''valleys'' close down and if they do when does is happen? Thanks

I can only speak based on my experience. Those areas on my scalp that were spreading completely disappeared after a couple of days. I was applying vitamin e oil during that phase so that may have helped the healing a bit.

Bonaparts, after you get through the scalp spreading you get to experience the fun of the shedding phase!!! The first few weeks are not that fun man. Hang in there!

If you pulled out your grafts you would most likely see some blood or experience some slight pain. I doubtvyou pulled out some grafts. Most likely they are just shedding from the massaging process. :)

I can only speak based on my experience. Those areas on my scalp that were spreading completely disappeared after a couple of days. I was applying vitamin e oil during that phase so that may have helped the healing a bit.

Bonaparts, after you get through the scalp spreading you get to experience the fun of the shedding phase!!! The first few weeks are not that fun man. Hang in there!

Thanks for your reply, i just hope it will be all worth it in the end, cracks are getting even wider

• 2 weeks later...

I know it is hard to take a close and clear photo of a graft. If there was no blood or pain then you should be fine. Even if it was a graft, it is only one which you will never notice heheh.

That could very well be a dried up graft. If the actual 'crust' goes all the way down to the bottom of the hair, then I think it could be a dried up graft. Typical crust only sits on the surface of the scalp. Just my opinion and I could very well be wrong.

It would be great if a doctor would comment on this. As I'm sure you know Taco from reading this site and from the literature on the subject, it would be very unlikely that you lost a graft more than 10 days post op. The bernstein study states that all grafts would be secure from day 9 and even when the scab was pulled with the hair in it, the graft remained in tact. Also if it were a graft it would usually be accompanied by bleeding on the scalp; regardless it would be great to here a doctor's professional opinion on this. Good luck

Does this look like a graft that shed with the root also? I'm 12 days post op do you think this one will grow back?

I am not a doctor but from my experience......

Yes, the follicle that remained below the scalp will generate growth. The grafts are well adhered by 1 week. Some scabs do shed with hairs attached and with what looks like follicles. The important part of the grafts are left securely behind. Not to worry.