Query re Paul Mitchell "Tea Tree Hair & Body Moisturizer"

I am six weeks' post-HT.

After seeing me dab tea tree oil onto recipient area spots and parts of my donor area, my wife bought me the above Paul Mitchell product. It's a leave-in conditioner and skin moisturizer and, given its ingredients (tea tree oil, lavender, peppermint etc), I wonder if it is a good product to assist in keeping the recipient area moisturized and healthy.

I'm not expecting it to work as a hair thickener or anything. I just wondered if any of you out there had tried it and had any views. Since the op I've been on Johnson's baby shampoo and no conditioner. I've also kept off the Nizoral shampoo in view of comments I've read on threads about it interfering with growth.

Comments welcome.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Hi Acrobaz,

I used to use the paul mitchell conditioner as a shaving gel , they used to advertise it as a dual purpose product .

In my opinion lots of these products are full of nasty chemicals and I wouldnt put it any where near my new " bonce " !

Have a look at Dr Mercola website Credance ( should be on google) and Newways its all au naturel with no or little chemicals . I used pure Vitamin E last time worked well the real stuff needs to be kept in the fridge ! Tea Tree oil in my opinion works well for minor skin complaints but Vit E worked better for me as in healing mainly in the donor area .

Hope this helps

ej

I bought pure tea-tree oil and just put a few drops in my hand with any conditioner or shampoo. It seems much cheaper.

What were the comments on Nizoral?

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Thanks for responding guys - I think I'll leave it on the shelf for a little while yet ...

HairHope - I like the money-saving tip; it's so obvious I wonder why hardly anyone thinks of it! I seem to recall a thread (sadly I didn't bookmark it) where someone said that Nizoral can have an adverse effect on the young hair growing from grafts. If I find it again, I'll let you know.

I have read mixed reports on the internet about the virtues of Vitamin E oil, but that's probably another thread altogether.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website