Lifting HEAVY post HT?

I'm 4 weeks post op. After 3 weeks, I started lifting again, lightly. Now for the past couple days I've been getting back to my old workouts, lifting pretty heavy.

At this point do I run the risk of damaging anything? Be it Grafts or Scar?

Thanks!

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

iam a gym fanatic as well and lift heavy,, the only prob you will run into lifting heavy is you might stretch the scar in the donor area,, they say wait 3 months be4 you start lifting heavy, im getting mine done in less than a week and idk what im gonna do if i dont lift for 3 months :/

Spiral08,

Dr. Paul Shapiro wrote an excellent article that we've published on this topic. To view it, visit "When it's Ok to Exercise After a Hair Transplant".

In my opinion, you should be very safe to do most exercises 3 to 4 weeks after surgery. However, in my opinion, any exercise or weight lifting activity that causes any strain on the donor area should be avoided for approximately 3 months.

Personally speaking, I didn't do any heavy bench pressing or crunches where I placed my hands behind my head for approximately 3 months to be safe. Furthermore, I'd minimize any activities where you pull on your head/neck that might cause tension in the wound.

The most important concept here is to use discretion and logic. If you feel any strain in the donor area, stop the activity. Other than that, you should be fine :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

iam a gym fanatic as well and lift heavy,, the only prob you will run into lifting heavy is you might stretch the scar in the donor area,, they say wait 3 months be4 you start lifting heavy, im getting mine done in less than a week and idk what im gonna do if i dont lift for 3 months :/

It's tough bro. Especially when you are used to getting in there 5x week and its your main source of stress relief.

If its any help, I made it through every body part once this past week. I've noticed more pain/discomfort on pulling exercises- back and bi's. Chest, tri's and legs seem to be good to go, for the most part.

Spiral08,

Dr. Paul Shapiro wrote an excellent article that we've published on this topic. To view it, visit "When it's Ok to Exercise After a Hair Transplant".

In my opinion, you should be very safe to do most exercises 3 to 4 weeks after surgery. However, in my opinion, any exercise or weight lifting activity that causes any strain on the donor area should be avoided for approximately 3 months.

Personally speaking, I didn't do any heavy bench pressing or crunches where I placed my hands behind my head for approximately 3 months to be safe. Furthermore, I'd minimize any activities where you pull on your head/neck that might cause tension in the wound.

The most important concept here is to use discretion and logic. If you feel any strain in the donor area, stop the activity. Other than that, you should be fine :-).

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the read Bill! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing any major damage. I do get a little tenderness on certain lifts, but nothing drastic.

I waited exactly 21 days before lifting anything. Then of course, like always, I push it a little too far after that. Really hope I didn't stretch the scar too badly. I'll check with my Dr. in the next month or so.

Thanks again for the help!

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.