Grafts into existing / natural hair

Hi! I've booked myself in for FUE surgery with Dr De Reys in late May with an agreed transplant of 1500 grafts. As you can see from my attached photo I'm looking at FUE surgery to restore density to my front temple and hairline. However as you can see from the attached photo I still have growth in the middle of my front temple.

The grafts will be transplanted into this area and I'm concerned that my existing natural hair roots will be damaged and not grow back due to the grafts. Could you guys provide any advice / reassurance on this issue?

RSCN0407.jpg.2974d95f74395314c265fc39cb2766e9.jpg

Hi! I've booked myself in for FUE surgery with Dr De Reys in late May with an agreed transplant of 1500 grafts. As you can see from my attached photo I'm looking at FUE surgery to restore density to my front temple and hairline. However as you can see from the attached photo I still have growth in the middle of my front temple.

The grafts will be transplanted into this area and I'm concerned that my existing natural hair roots will be damaged and not grow back due to the grafts. Could you guys provide any advice / reassurance on this issue?

I'm not sure do you mean transplant around outside of existing hair or into existing hair. If you transplant around existing hair not into existing hair you are in a very low risk.

it should grow back. there will probably be temporary shock loss. if your hair is miniaturizing it may die. i think u should be fine

I just had about 3k grafts, ALL placed among native/existing hairs. From my understanding, a lot of it has to do with the skill of the Dr and his ability to not transect/kill existing hairs when making his incisions. Also, like eyebrows said, if the hair is miniaturizing, it may die regardless.

Hope this helps. I'm 4 weeks post op and will be finding out how much shockloss I get very soon! =/

HT2 - March, 2013. 2933 grafts.

HT1 - June, 2006. 800 grafts.

A conservative and ethical surgeon like De Reys will not dense pack the areas with existing terminal hair. You can always voice your concern to him personally just to reaffirm your worry.