Hairloss at 26/27 Advice?

Shaun1986

Hi all,

Apologies if repeated, I did post this on another forum, but keen to get as much advice/as many oppinions as possible.

I've only just signed up on here. i've tried to contact 'Spex' but it sent me a delivery failure, i think his inbox is full, is he still around?? Was Spex on this forum?

Anyway, this is the message I sent him, if anyone wants to help/advise me, please feel free:

Hi there, I'm 26 and suffereing from MPB; I have been loosing hair for about 5-6 years or so now. I have done some reading and had two consultations so far. The main affected areas are the front hairline where it's receeding, and general thinning on top and around the scalp.I've tried regaine, but stopped using it a while ago, and now back on it but will be more patient this time. I'm looking at surgery for the frontal thinning areas. I've had two consultations; one recommended 1700 grafts, the other around 1200. I've attached some photos of my hair when cut fairly short, so you can see. I miss being able to style my hair when going out. I hate it all of the time anyway, I'm embarrased and try to push it down/spread it out by hand, and I hate it getting wet. I don't like my photos taken any more because of how bad it looks, and I'm fed up of comments from people. I'm only 26 and don't want to loose my hair for good. I've read up on propecia, I was realy excited when I first heard about it, but am too scared of the side effects, and therefore I'm ruling this out. I am seriously considering surgery alongside the minoxidl, however I'm not confident as to perhaps who to go with in the UK? I may possibly consider travelling abroad, but don't want to travel too far or pay a lot for travelling ontop of surgery costs. I have read good reviews of the Farjo clinic? I thank you in advance for any support or advice you may wish to give. Shaun.

Hi Shaun, ur lucky that the uk is close to Belgium where there is a vast amount of excellent surgeons, Feriduni,bisanga, devroye all produce fantastic results! Research all them and some of the Turkish guys seem to be getting great accolade lately, check them out! I know how you feel and spent a good 2 years researching before getting a fue transplant done by dr Feriduni about 5 weeks ago!! Spex is now his uk rep so I'm sure he will be happy to help with everything, or feel free to ask me anything and if I can help I will!!! Good luck and do plenty of research!!

Hello mate,

Spex is on here from time to time, and also on other forums as you have probably seen.

It sounds like you have minimal loss if you're being quoted less than 2000 grafts.

Without trying propecia and getting a HT at 26 would be like playing russian roulette with your hair. If you're in good health you owe it to yourself to go to your GP and discuss trying Propecia. (Boots offer a Hair Retention service which is expensive but a good way of getting started under medical supervision).

I had the same fears as you. I did get some side effects but returned to normal after stopping the drug. There are some people who will steer you away from it but as spex often says: "it's the secret to his success".

Only after 12 months of successful Propecia use would any ethical surgeon consider you for a small session.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Shaun, your message reads out like something I would have written myself. I'm 30 now (from Ireland) and the last 2 years have seen me get gradually more reclusive than ever due to my loss. The funny thing is I'd be seen by many friends and family as a very confident bloke, whereas the whole hair loss thing has gradually eaten away at me over the last few years. I have a full head of hair as such, but my main thinning is in my mid scalp / forelock region, and therefore my frontal area is extremely see through as a result. I also avoid wind and rain like the plague because I look shocking with it wet.

When I was your age I started on Finasteride, and to be honest I think I have more hair as of today than I would if I didn't get on it. I did notice some side effects a few months back and have altered my dose. I do think you should give it a try initially, albeit on a nice,low dose. Maybe something like 0.25mg daily, or even 1.25mg once or twice a week. If you began noticing sides, you could just come off it again.

Anyhow, after 3 years of medication (I've sporadically used Minoxidil - I just don't like applying the stuff at all), I have done extensive research over the last few months and have put a deposit down on a procedure which you can see in my signature below. I also documented my consultation process in a bit of detail which you may find useful here - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169664-blitzing-belgium-2-days-4-top-docs-bisanga-feriduni-de-reys-mwamba.html

Any questions, ask away.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3