CAP for coverage 18 Day Post Op

​Ok so yesterday i used a cap for the first time for about four hours, it did touch my recipient area and i did not like that and it also rubbed against my sides of the grafts since they lowered my hairline, Dr. Keene said it was ok since my grafts are secure now and that i could not pull them out by this stage, but still ive been shedding like crazy so once i took my cap off i saw some few hairs and freaked out, and on one side (left= i felt less hair were the cap was sitting on since the lowere my sides too, dont plan on using a cap anymore, id rather look weird with my haircut. i am very paranoid, want everything to go as perfect as it can be.., but do you guys think it was just shedding at this stage or could i have pulled them out?

Day 11 Pre Cap Usage

IMG_1352.jpg

Day 18 Post Cap Usage

postsurgeryday18Left.jpg

SCABS

postsurgeryday18Scab.jpg

i hate the paranoia that goes on after a hair transplant , LOL

Your hat cannot damage your grafts and the hairs placed are supposed to come out. You can potentially cause more damage by being TOO careful at this point so just go about your daily routine normally and wear a hat if you wish.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Your hat cannot damage your grafts and the hairs placed are supposed to come out. You can potentially cause more damage by being TOO careful at this point so just go about your daily routine normally and wear a hat if you wish.

Thank You Very Much Jotronic!! i appreciate it a lot!! yeah i know i got to be less paranoid about everything and stop looking in the mirror every freaking moment

At days 11-18, your grafts are fully anchored and you cannot cause any permanent damage. From this point, you will start seeing a lot of shedding until the 2-2.5 month mark. After that, around month 3, you still start to see some slight new growth.

No worries!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.