Using Minoxidil post transplant

I had been using minoxidil for 7 years. I'm now 7 weeks post transplant and was told to restart minoxidil after 2 weeks. On the 15 th day, I restarted minoxidil only to see quite a few hairs on my pillow the next morning! I stopped using it again and my pillow had minimal hairs on it the following mornings. I gave it another week and tried using minoxidil again only to see more hairs again on the pillows the next morning! Alarmed, I stopped using it until after 6 weeks. I gave it a try again a few days ago and noticed the same results on my pillows the next morning.

I know minoxidil is supposed to help but I'm not sure if it's doing more harm than good. I gave it 3 tries and now I'm thinking of completely stopping it. Has anyone else had a similar experience with minoxidil after their transplant?

I had been using minoxidil for 7 years. I'm now 7 weeks post transplant and was told to restart minoxidil after 2 weeks. On the 15 th day, I restarted minoxidil only to see quite a few hairs on my pillow the next morning! I stopped using it again and my pillow had minimal hairs on it the following mornings. I gave it another week and tried using minoxidil again only to see more hairs again on the pillows the next morning! Alarmed, I stopped using it until after 6 weeks. I gave it a try again a few days ago and noticed the same results on my pillows the next morning.

I know minoxidil is supposed to help but I'm not sure if it's doing more harm than good. I gave it 3 tries and now I'm thinking of completely stopping it. Has anyone else had a similar experience with minoxidil after their transplant?

You should go with the doctor's recommendations really. The instructions I have been sent say that Minox should be used 7 days after, once per day until the hairs start growing.

A shed of transplanted or existing hair sounds normal as we all know this is what minox does initially

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day