Query regarding Shedding

Calgacus

Hi all. I am a long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been using finasteride (1.25g) daily for around 2 months now, as well as applying topical minoxidil (5%) twice daily, and nizoral (2%) twice weekly for around 1 month or so.

It appears as though I have experienced lots of shedding because prior to starting my regimen i had just a receeding hairline with mild vertex thinning, but now my entire crown has become transparent all over and bald patches have appeared as a diffuse pattern as opposed to regular Androgenetic Alopecia.

I was just wondering if such shedding is excessive, or is it merely part and parcel of the process.

Much obliged.

Calgacus.

Regimen:

Finasteride (1.25mg): Daily.

Minoxidil (5%): Twice Daily.

Super Biotin (5000mcg) Vitamin Supplement; Daily

Silica Complex; Daily

Increased shedding is common in the first 2-4 months. It will subside and regrow after 6 months and that's also the time when you start to see other results such as new hairs growing and healthier existing hair. The crown may have been thinning for a while but not as noticeably because many times we don't even realize it's thinning until we lose about 50% of our density and now you may have lost a bit more making it seem like a drastic difference. Keep going this sounds pretty normal so far, you should see much more improvement around 6-8 months.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks for the input, Thehairupthere.

I am just unsure of what sort of results to expect from taking "the big 3". The problem is I've been losing my hair since my late teens and I am now in my early 30s.

Throughout my 20s the rate my hairloss was slow but steady, but over the last couple of years the rate has increased significantly.

I am worried that it may be too late for me to expect regrowth after such a prolonged period balding.

Regimen:

Silica Complex; Daily

Thanks for the input, Thehairupthere.

I am just unsure of what sort of results to expect from taking "the big 3". The problem is I've been losing my hair since my late teens and I am now in my early 30s.

Throughout my 20s the rate of my hairloss was slow but steady, but over the last couple of years the rate has increased significantly.

I am worried that it may be too late for me to expect regrowth after such a prolonged period of balding.

Regimen:

Silica Complex; Daily

Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that your dormant hair will regrow, but the hair that you were shedding from the medication should come back around 6 months. I have been using propecia for about 11 years and I never experienced a major regrowth of dormant hair, but I have kept a majority of my hair because of it, so some people are luckier than others in that aspect, but overall you will have more hair because of these medications.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians