how bad is my hairloss, and suggestions?

hmmmm

Hey guys, I am 23 and have hair loss. I would love to hear suggestions and tell me how bad it looks to this point. I have been on rogaine for about 3-4 weeks. Since use, I have noticed more peach fuzz hair in the temporal area. The close up of the right side shows a very blonde line of hair. That has always been there, but my hairline never came up to it. Around that line, there has been an increase of blonde hair a little longer than peach fuzz. Please see the pictures for my hairline. The right side has a cowlick and has always been worse/uneven. My hairline has been roughly the same as you see in the pictures for the past 2 years. Prior to that I never noticed it or paid attention, but would assume it was better, otherwise I probably would have noticed it. The dermotologist wasn't 100% it was MPB, but based on my father having a very receded hairline, and all of his brothers being bald, she assumed it to be the case. All other relatives have full heads of hair.

I took propecia for 3-4 months but had a loss of libido so stopped 6 weeks ago. Doctor said it could take up to 8 weeks to get my libido back. Currently it is not very strong.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

top.JPG.c52be4959d6e6f5402d6e570a93ab34f.JPG

5b32d78cbf404_rightsidecloseup.JPG.745e53171721c07c3a3f5b7ed6d86cae.JPG

5b32d78cd3a48_rightside.JPG.1ad78193f4e2caf76fbc37eb2c67614a.JPG

5b32d78cdf86a_leftside.JPG.c08525e8ddaf1f4109986881082ce3ee.JPG

front.JPG.b02ea9b69f0256931a1e2187f2fd8544.JPG

It doesnt look bad...

..but it looks like your temples may receed over time, especially based on family history.

You are doing the best thing by using Minox to preserve it as long as possible.

My only other suggestions would be:

• Shampoo with Nizoral (or equivalent) once a week
  • Consider smaller doses of Propecia - maybe try 0.5mg every 3 days. Perhaps 1mg is just too much.

As you can see from below I take 0.5mg per week! - I don't know if this is helping but I get no sides from it. I may up it soon to 0.5mg every 5 days.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hey guys, I am 23 and have hair loss. I would love to hear suggestions and tell me how bad it looks to this point. I have been on rogaine for about 3-4 weeks. Since use, I have noticed more peach fuzz hair in the temporal area. The close up of the right side shows a very blonde line of hair. That has always been there, but my hairline never came up to it. Around that line, there has been an increase of blonde hair a little longer than peach fuzz. Please see the pictures for my hairline. The right side has a cowlick and has always been worse/uneven. My hairline has been roughly the same as you see in the pictures for the past 2 years. Prior to that I never noticed it or paid attention, but would assume it was better, otherwise I probably would have noticed it. The dermotologist wasn't 100% it was MPB, but based on my father having a very receded hairline, and all of his brothers being bald, she assumed it to be the case. All other relatives have full heads of hair.

I took propecia for 3-4 months but had a loss of libido so stopped 6 weeks ago. Doctor said it could take up to 8 weeks to get my libido back. Currently it is not very strong.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

As already stated it doesn't look that bad, and the suggestions are probably the best you can do at present. What is more important your permanent hairloss or temporary loss of libido?

Ok thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the feedback. I will take your advice. Has anyone looked into Keratene Retard as a substitute for propecia? The research I've done on it makes it look pretty promising as a replacement.