Worried about donor area density

My hair loss was horrible. I never got to experience good hair because around when I started high school it was already thin on top and you could see the scalp. It was like this for a while and I had thick hair on my sides and back. Only in the past 5-7 years did my sides start to go thin too. It is like if life is telling me "gotcha, no transplant for you!" I am going to get in shape. I have already been working out with p90x, but now I'm going to get serious about it. I really hope you guys are right about my looks, I'm slowly working up to owning it. I think what makes it difficult is that everyone I know has thick luscious hair, even my brother who is older than me. Lame....

ApGomez its easier said than done but at least you found this out before going into the HT and regretting it later. I know this doesnt help you in the way you want it to help, but it can also be worse. You sound like a good person keep your head up!!!!!!!!

I kinda wish i could do the shave head look, cause like Mick said its a good way to say F#CK OFF!

You only live once...

Thanks guys for all the support. The ht consultant did say it was a smart move to meet him because he thinks I would of regretted the transplant. I'm trying really hard to accept myself and be confident.

I agree with Arrive, he is spot on. I was also in your situation. Manipulating everything to go out in public, ect... balding can be a condition that messes with people o the point hat they are willing to pay a child's worth of college tuition for what...a group of hairs from the back of your head to the front. Can something sound so mundane but be such a high priority...answer is YEs BC a lot of us made the choice to go through it bc it was too much to go through us balding.

Its OK feel this way. I know you worked with a solid company but I would pick out a few more highly regarded HT DR and see what hey think just for your piece of mind. Hang in there, you look great. But in your eyes you don't..learn to love it...look despair in the mirror and tell it to "whatever explative you choose)! At least you can verbally empower yourself over the self image negativity long enough to either accept what you are or seek other opinions. Prayers and keep us posted. We all help each other here. Best forum on the planet!

I don't know about looking into other doctors because I don't want to get my hopes up and be let down again. It's been a long road with a lot of let downs and I just don't have the energy for it anymore.

I think Spanker has some fantastic advice and I agree with others that you would look good with a shaved head or tightly cropped look. It will likely make you look younger, I've seen it work for a lot of guys. Truly, i'm being honest and wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it and have nothing to gain. The 30-day shaved challenge is a brilliant idea.

Just look how studly this guy is

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

The donor is not too poor but yes it is weak and thin. I guess if you go for an hair transplant surgery for more than 1500 grafts then the surgeons may have to extract the others grafts from your beard or chest area. :(

I agree with the advise that Spanker and others are giving you and I think you would be pleasantly surprised at how good a buz cut would look on you. Having said that, I never make a major decision without getting multiple professional opinions. I don't doubt that the H&W rep is telling you the truth for the kind of procedure they offer. But you could also consider fue with a combo of scalp and beard/body hair if you really want to check out your options. It won't hurt anything to be evaluated by a few other clinics. Look at results from Umar, Bisanga and others who do bht.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Have you considered using donor hair from another part of your body? I had a poor donor area on my head too so my doctor and I decided to do an FUE from my chest. I went to Dr. Yazdan in Orange County, and I personally would recommend him, though I'm not sure where you're located. My chest scar is pretty minimal and I am really satisfied with the hair grafts that were put on my head. I would look into a body hair transplant if I were you, it gives you another option.

At this point Ive decided to use my savings for other things. Ht is too expensive to risk for a probable good outcome. Im just going to have to accept it. If not now then when im old and it doesnt matter. Im hoping i can get over it.

If you go through bosley..they have payment plans through ge capital care credit...my payments are 153 dollars a month over 5 years...and people have had bad results from bosley but I didn't and im only 5 months post op. just a thought b/c if your like me...it will always be on your mind