9.5 Months no growth? need advise..

I just had my 2nd HT 9.5 months ago. My first HT of 1500 was a success but I wanted more density to my hair line and the first four inches of my scalp. In June of 2012, I went in for my second HT and had 1275 graphs placed. IT has been close to 10 months and I have not seen any growth and believe that I have lost even more hair since the operation. I have read articles and my doctor says I’m a slow grower and to give it 2 to 4 more months, but I have also read that if I have no growth after 10 months then it's a failed HT. I'm lost and don't know what to think and it's driving me crazy, this waiting game. Has anyone out there started to grow after 10 months; any assistance with this question would be awesome.

Pete

Hey, I'm not to thrilled to say the least. Here are some pics, I know there bad res but it's all I have. I posted three pics. Pre op, 6 months and 9.5 months. There has been no change since the operation, only more hair loss. Thanks.

5b32d779dd33d_preop6-2012.JPG.bf20fb97e90a81cef65adff62fd54e0a.JPG

5b32d779f1ac2_Dec2820126months.jpg.b07090b593c38a0fc50cbf8ddc17dbc4.jpg

5b32d77a0eb53_March13201310months.jpg.6bc62da064e00f252477bfd954d02a9a.jpg

Which Doctor was it? 9.5 with no results, not good.

I just had my 2nd HT 9.5 months ago. My first HT of 1500 was a success but I wanted more density to my hair line and the first four inches of my scalp. In June of 2012, I went in for my second HT and had 1275 graphs placed. IT has been close to 10 months and I have not seen any growth and believe that I have lost even more hair since the operation. I have read articles and my doctor says I’m a slow grower and to give it 2 to 4 more months, but I have also read that if I have no growth after 10 months then it's a failed HT. I'm lost and don't know what to think and it's driving me crazy, this waiting game. Has anyone out there started to grow after 10 months; any assistance with this question would be awesome.

Pete

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Hey, I'm not to thrilled to say the least. Here are some pics, I know there bad res but it's all I have. I posted three pics. Pre op, 6 months and 9.5 months. There has been no change since the operation, only more hair loss. Thanks.

Hello Pete;

It would be disconcerting to see no signs of growth this far after a second HT. Did you get a script for Propecia to help in the stablization and or are you currently using it to stop the loss you are experiencing in general. Again, if you are not happy with the doctors response assist upon more explanation and or get a second opinion. I hope that you will find some resolution. Better images could help one of the HT surgeons here give you some advice through an online consultation. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

OK, you need to post a better before HT and after HT pictures. With your type of hair, and the grafts you got, my guess, you have growth although poor. But it's difficult to compare because of your crappy pictures.

PLUS, it looks like you have an awesome head of hair that doesn't or never needed a HT.

That could mean you have some body disfigure issues, and another HT's will not fix that for you. Crazy huh?

My back burner thought is, you are getting older, and your hair is doing what it should.

Get some better pictures, front top, side pictures. Give us a chance to really help you,

Did you get strip of fue?

Edited by nativeremdies

To answer your question, about no/little growth at 10 months.

The standard answer is to wait till 14 months for final results. In my hours of reading, looking at cases, and in my own personal experience, I have never seen anyone go from 10 months to amazing HT.

I don't believe the extra 4 months is going to change that for you.

By 9.5 months, if you have seen little to no growth, I think it's time to converse with your surgeon about some sort of resolution. I wouldn't even bother with a repair with the same surgeon but that is just my sentiment. I would seek some sort of reimbursement, preferably a full refund but certainly a majority of the cost back. Near 10 months is just much to long not to see a significant cosmetic difference over all... Hell I knew at month 7 that my procedure was a failure and at 12 months my result did not change one iota....

Personally not confident with the whole reimbursement. When my 2nd HT produced sub par yield which could be argued, but not my unrealistic large scar. The only recourse offered by Lindsey was to fix the scar at his fixed costs, or about $2,500. That didn't seem right to me.

Which is why I really appreciate Rahal's upfront "growth guaranteed" The Rahal clinic keeps getting further ahead of the pack.

Maybe with better pictures, shock OP felt he needed a HT.

In the end none of this matters. OP is not happy with the results. If I was him, I would be tempted to wait the full 14 months post op (just to be sure). But something inside says "your results are in".

If his scalp feels good, and his laxity is back to normal, pull the trigger.

Keller, Shapiro, If you have crown loss go big with Hanson/Wong. India docs are doing some amazing FUE work. Rahal besides their growth guarantee, I like how their staff make the trip a suto vacation.

If $$ is an issue, ColoradoHT (while not a hair network member) really impresses me.

It would be near impossible for any clinic listed to leave less then super awesome 100% pro fanatic.

Thanks for all the responses, I really appreciate the input. I have done some surfing of my own and found a few articles of more growth after 10 months, but the final consensus is that I probably got 10% growth and that’s it. The doctor said he would do another 1275 graphs for free, but theirs no way I’ll go under his knife again and go through 10 months of dread. At the one year mark (June 6th) I’m going in and asking for a full reimbursement; after which I will disclose the doctors name on this site. I hope he gives it to me; I could really use it towards repairing and adding some density to my hairline. I also did not use any internal med after the HT, I took Propica after my first HT and had a short bout with ED so I dropped it after six months and will never put it back into my body. I don’t use any topical creams either; do you think this is the problem???

I don't have any pre op pics other than the one I posted.. Sorry. If you take a look It really does look like i've had any growth, just loss. The three pics I uploaded are form last week. I think you are correct though, I might have had 10% growth but lost 20% becuse I'm not on propicia or anything elce. What should I take to stop futher loss? I don't want to risk an ED problem, anything nutural with not side effects?

DSCF8336.jpg.8d4e8df76c8a83531fee28e38384ddbe.jpg

DSCF8341.jpg.f88fd642c13b3c80c6a4b7f0ee4c3e32.jpg

DSCF8337.jpg.9ca39894a24f5f5f76e9f822bb7f3030.jpg