Hair restoration in CA

matt81

Hi,

New here, considering a hair transplant. I live in California. Im 31 and have been losing hair since i was 20. I still have hair but it is getting thinner on top and receding. I would consider myself NW 4 or 5. Which surgeon between these would you reccomend? My hair is blonde if that makes a difference.

Carman, Deyaman, Diep, Rassman, Reed.

Thanks

I have used rogaine for about a year with not much luck. Would propecia be better?

Edited by matt81
more info/ spelling

Hi,

New here, considering a hair transplant. I live in California. Im 31 and have been losing hair since i was 20. I still have hair but it is getting thinner on top and receding. I would consider myself NW 4 or 5. Which surgeon between these would you reccomend? My hair is blonde if that makes a difference.

Thanks

I have used rogaine for about a year with not much luck. Would propecia be better?

Hello Matt,

Many people have better luck with Propecia than Rogaine and I have friends who have used it for years with success. However, your decision to move towards HT may indeed be the best solution for a natural and proven solution in the long run. This all depends upon your microscopic evaluation and consult. In regards to preferring a surgeon there is often an expected bias to the surgeon who one has used successfully. The HTN does a fantastic job on watching live surgeries and evaluating there practices.

California being the Mecca of Entertainment does boast an inordinate number of skilled HT surgeons, missing from your list Parsa Mohebi, MD medical director of Los Angeles based hair restoration centers and also recommended here. The best thing is to interview with several surgeons personally and make a decision that fits best for you. I wish you all the best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hi,

Thanks

Dr. Umar is a top FUE doc. Do a online consult with him at dermhairclinic.com - what the hell - its free.

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

There are five doctors in California that are coaltion member. These are the doctor I would chose from. Althought I feel nobody should choose their doctor strictly based on location.

California being the Mecca of Entertainment does boast an inordinate number of skilled HT surgeons, missing from your list Parsa Mohebi, MD medical director of Los Angeles based hair restoration centers and also recommended here.

There are other doctors in California missing form his list as well it that is his only requirement.

Hair Transplant Clinics in California

What does being the Mecca of Entertainment have to do with hair transplants? In Italy a country of 60 million people is considered the mecca of fashion but only has 1 good transplant doctor in my opinion. As good as all these doctors are they would not be in my top 5 best doctors in the world or even in North America in my opinion.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson