Dr Michael May - Anyone used this surgeon recently?

Hi All,

I had booked a HT with another UK company and another surgeon who from the work I had viewed, i was more happy to use. But now the original surgeon has had to pull out and i've been offered a replacement doc being Dr May, now i've looked up reviews on him on this forum and I don't think i've found a positive one, although these seem to all date back to 2006-2008. Does anyone have any recent reviews and photos of either good/bad work carried out by Dr May please?

Kind regards,

Froob.

Hey, this surgeon basically just visits tons of clinics across the UK to do hair transplant procedures. I booked a procedure with him at the west regent street clinic in Glasgow. He didnt even want to meet me to speak to me or answer any of my questions.

I researched him online and found he had done botched jobs. He said I would need 700 grafts but it was more like 2000!! Don't trust this guy! I got my ?1000 deposit refunded because I sent them a letter (and the wimpole climic where he was based) and said I would take them to a small claims court if they didn't.

Your best bet is to research properly for at least 6 months and get a recommended surgeon. Michael May is just waiting to pounce on naive young guys in a desparate situation.

Good luck.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

You have made an excellent decision mate, its not even worth taking a risk on this guy. What did you say to the clinic , did you tell them the truth as to why you cancelled and what did they say. ?

Also who was the clinic you originally booked with, ? So let me get this straight, Michael May goes round clinics over the UK covering operations for Dr's that cant perform the operation due to absence etc ?

• 8 months later...

hi just to let you know we beg to differ on your comments on dr michael may,i got a transplant 5 years ago ,as i wanted transplant in my twentys , he wouldnt do it,he refused said i was to young,he offered all other alternatives and told me to come back few years,i found the guy to brilliant,he came highly recommended through word of mouth and 100% positive feed back from all my inquires ,and im going back very professional,comfortable,easy going man.price the best ,your the only 1 ive read bad mouth this man????