I think I'm shedding

TommyLucchese

I think I'm experiecing a shed after switching from Belgravia's '12.5% minoxidil w/ azelaic acid' to Kirkland 5% foam

The thing is, I haven't actually had any hair fall out. None in the bath or shower, none on my hair brush. It just seems my parting is a little wider, more scalp shows up under a bright light.

What do you guys think?

I know it's hard if you don't see photos, but from what I'm describing, does it sound possible to for a shed to occur via thinning? Can anyone relate to my experience?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I agree with Spex - if it ain't broke dont fix it!

Even though there isnt a good deal of evidence supporting higher than 5% it might be worth considering to start back on 12%.

If you applying twice a day then you could use the 12% once a day and 5% the other time.

I have never been able to find strong research about the biological half life of minoxidil but a study using radioactively labelled minoxidil showed that after 24 hours only 2% of the applied dose was still present in the tissue. This may suggest that two doses of 5% would provide higher average tissue levels of minoxidil over 24 hours than once a day of 12%....

Food for thought!

I wasn't sure that the 12.5% was working well as 5% foam twice a day could. Plus as the cream is only once a day and hard to distribute (you should see the size of the little pot thats meant to last a month!) that's why I decided to try out the other stuff.

I'm gonna give it the full 6 months and see where I am. I'd be more than happy to get Belgravia's minoxidil again as they have been very professional - just pricey that's all! However if it works best then it's a no brainer.

Appreciate it Spex :) you're right those bright lights are a b*tch for me I can't stop putting my head under them to see how it looks!

Thanks Dr. Tom ,it's interesting....certainly I hope that the 5% is better as it's cheaper and I have almost a 6 month supply left.

What do you think about whether shedding can occur through thinning rather than actual hair falling out? Hmm, I'm gonna stop worrying myself and see how it goes. Hopefully I'll have some good news in two months or so :)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

I also started to get a feeling my hairs are thinning out after 2 good month experience with Rogaine Foam 5%. I felt this is because of the Nizoral 2% is added in my routine. I know it makes hairfall if over used thats why I just use it ONCE a week !

Can Nizoral make hair thin or do any bad to it ?

Right now its just Rogaine Foam twice a day.

HairMax Laser Comb 3 times a week.

Nizoral once a week.

Fin once a week (started it again)...

Funny you mention that as I started Nizoral in October or November, and a few weeks later I began suspecting my hair was getting worse...I've been putting it down to either the mind playing tricks on me (now my hairline is sorted, it's natural the back would become more of an issue) or Propecia not working.

I use it once every 6 days, I wonder if it's doing more harm than good? Hmmm.

I just analysed my hair in normal light with a hand held mirror whilst standing infront of a big mirror, I think it's just my own paranoia.....must get it off my brain!

Yep I'll stop standing under those lights and analysing my hair, time to end the paranoia!

Sorry Taco, I still don't want to be exposed to the internet yet :(