shock loss question

I already got a HT a year ago and am considering getting a second one. What are the chances that the hair transplanted during my first HT will experience permanent shock loss after my second HT?

Thanks.

and the answer is.. maybe it will maybe it will not. You roll the dice and take your chance.

Some might fall out or none. Some might fall out and come back, and some might fall out and not come back. Now there not ALL going to fall out, but my own personal experience, I had what I feel a high number of native hair that left and didn't come back. I think with a 2 HT the choice in a clinic is more important then the first one.

edited, so its clear that I had shock loss native (haha) hair

Edited by nativeremdies

The chances of your previously transplanted hair being permanently shocked out depends on who you go to and if they prepare the recipient properly so they can see in between the hairs and not transect them. This is the only reason why previously transplanted hairs would be permanently shocked. Temporary shock is a different story as it is unpredictable.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I already got a HT a year ago and am considering getting a second one. What are the chances that the hair transplanted during my first HT will experience permanent shock loss after my second HT?

Thanks.

Hello SV,

Shock loss by nature is temporary in most instances. Poor preparation of recipient sites can transect previous transplanted hair and cause hair loss. This is not truly shock loss but rather HT done by a less skilled surgeon in many cases. That just underscores the value of this forum with a strong list of recommended surgeons. So as so often recommended consult with the top doctors listed here and get a medically informed opinion particular to your case. I hope all the best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum