HELP. 17y/o BALD CROWN. need advice..

Hi guys, for the past year or two I noticed I had a bald patch at the back of my head and ever since I have been self conscious about it. I forget about it some times but at the moment I feel like its gotten much much worse and now I'm really self conscious. I need you guys help to tell me if anyone has experienced this (never seen another teen like it) and what I could do about it..

Pics attached..

Photo Album - Imgur

Photo Album - Imgur

kkaJuzw.jpg

Coupled with my oddly shaped head it really brings my confidence down. I think it may have happened because when I was younger (12-14) I used to twist the hair on my crown for ages... I dont know why I just did, but yeah.. is there any advice you can give me? Thanks

Hi guys, for the past year or two I noticed I had a bald patch at the back of my head and ever since I have been self conscious about it. I forget about it some times but at the moment I feel like its gotten much much worse and now I'm really self conscious. I need you guys help to tell me if anyone has experienced this (never seen another teen like it) and what I could do about it..

Pics attached..

Photo Album - Imgur

Photo Album - Imgur

kkaJuzw.jpg

Coupled with my oddly shaped head it really brings my confidence down. I think it may have happened because when I was younger (12-14) I used to twist the hair on my crown for ages... I dont know why I just did, but yeah.. is there any advice you can give me? Thanks

Hello,

First of all you should not be taking Propecia or any medication without a doctors prescription and your age alone makes it not a good idea at all. Your picture looks fine and the density of the swirl at the crown of your head is not something you should worry about mate. Our coming of age years are challenging for us and self image goes through quite an evolution. These are also some of the most exciting times of our lives. I really don't see anything there for you to worry about. If really worried see your family doctor or dermatologists. Most importantly ... Go have some fun, nothing to be worried about at 17 years old. All the Best, Michael

Edited by michaeljames

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum