is my crown thinning (pics)

From your pictures it is hard to tell if your crown is thinning. If it is then very minimal. What I would suggest is to retake your picutres every 6 months over the next year and compare the pictures that will give you a more accurate assessment if you are actually thinning. IMO I would not stress over it, your looks good.

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

I agree that we cannot really see your crown entirely. You can also take some hair shaft samples from both the crown and then the donor area. Lay the samples side-by-side on a sheet of white printing paper and get a magnifying glass.

Compare hair shaft diameter between the two and if the samples from the crown are "thinner in caliber" than the donor hair samples, that's an indication of miniturization and even some diffusion going on.

The best recommendation would be to get examined by a reputable HT doctor who can examine your scalp in person and and then provide you a clinical diagnosis either way.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hey Jazzsnazz1,

Due to the length and style of your hair, it is quite difficult to tell if there is any thinning going on there. Of course, the best bet would be to schedule an appointment with a physician and have him/her evaluate you. Going further, they will also be able to guide you in the right direction as to what steps to take in your current situation. Prior to my evaluation, I was pretty much clueless about my hair loss and how much further it was going to progress. Finding the right doctor in order to help you fully understand what's going on will definitely a valuable learning experience for you. Best of luck to you on whatever you decide and don't forget to keep us updated!