crazy neck pain due to propecia

tacolinowest

i took propecia a few years back and had neck pain,, started again last month and the neck pain came back, so i stopped for a week and during that week it got better and better every day, i took 1/3 of a pill yesterday and the neck pain is back full forced, its like a stiff neck feeling anybody have any idea what this could be, i researched this and it seems its a very uncommon side effect

I have just started a new batch a few weeks ago and one side of my neck feels stiff and tender but not really sore. I am even thinking about visiting a Dr or physio to check out the problem.

It may not be the propecia....well i hope not!

I have never heard of this with propecia, but I could see how it could be possible. It is common for women to experience nerve pain in their neck and back due to fluctuating hormones surrounding their menstrual cycle, so this could be something similar since your altering your hormones

• 1 year later...

Hey Guys,

This is my first post here.. I'm having the same issue (I think.) I've just started using generic finasteride 5mg. I'm using a pill cutter to cut my dosage into quarters, or sometimes thirds depending on how the pill feels like cutting that day.

I'm only in about a week, but by the second day I started getting a really stiff and sore neck. I use a low nicotine level vaporizor (because I enjoy it) and I have a similar issue if the nicotine level is too high. I was hoping maybe I had some mislabeled vape liquid that was causing this issue, but after searching around the web it seems this side effect, though uncommon, is being reported here and there.

I know this post is rather old now, but I'm curious if either of the guys ever had it resolved? Typically side effects are side effects and the body doesn't just "get used to it," so I'm worried that this treatment that is so successful for so many may not be right for me.

Any thoughts on this? Did either of you happen to smoke at the same time? Could there be a nicotine/finasteride conflict?

I'm hopeful that I can figure out how to take finasteride. I was also hoping that the issue was with the generic brand and that switching to the true brand of merck propecia might work out better for me as well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or updates.

Edited by Landmarky
want to make sure I get updates

I did quit. I bought 100 generic pills and I ended up only taking 5 of them (not sure how many doses it worked out to.) So now I have 90 unopened pills that I have no idea what to do with, but I'm definitely not taking anymore. I know all the "research" says that most people don't have any side effects, but the more I read the less I believe that. Fin seems too unsafe and the side effects that some people report are horrific and, in some cases, irreversible. I'd rather not gamble with my longterm wellbeing.

After 24 hours off, the tightness still continues. It grows and weakens throughout the day, not triggered by anything. Regardless of its strength it's always persistent. It definitely can't be described as a headache, but it's just total pain all down the right side of the neck. It feels like it should be able to be massaged out, but no amount of stretching or massaging does any good. I'm praying that it will go away as soon as the meds work themselves out.

For now I'm taking a lot of walks and drinking a lot of water in the hopes that I can flush it faster. I'm not sure if it passes through the system that way or not, but I figure it can't hurt.

• 3 months later...

I started on Propecia 14 days ago after a HT. I have had both sore/stiff neck and headaches since I started. I cut back to 1.25mg every 3 days to see if the side effects subside. The day after I take the pill, I have a dull headache all day. Stiff neck is generally gone. I had hoped Propecia would work for me, but I am concerned these side effects may also make me susceptible to the sexual side effects, so I am contemplating stopping all together.