Skin elasticity issues for Strip surgeory. ANy one please help.

Ok no problem- I understand.

Look forward to your write up when you have had your surgery with Dr Feriduni.

Thanks man. My procedure has been put on hold for now. Gotta sort out some immediate issues first.

Interesting on your case. Admittedly, I have not come across or read much about stretched scars.

stretched scars are not in the majority, however they are also not rare either and no doctor can foresee or gaurantee a 'pencil thin' scar even though the best scars are not pencil thin or 1mm thin.

I am 35 aged, INDIAN, settled in Hyderabad is planning to do a HT as soon as possible.

I had a consultation with most famous HT surgeons of Hyderabad including Dr. Madhu.

Please see the attachment to see my current scalp condition. As you can

judge, i am on Norwood 4 or may be in the starting stage of Norwood 5.

Can any one make out any moneyhow many graphs would be needed to give an

appreciable look, maintaining a fair density of around 45-50 Sq.cm?

As per Dr. Madhu, as my donor area skin is being bit tight, he suggests to take out only

1500-1700 graphs. But other surgeons whom i consulted, are ready to take out

between 2500-3200 graph units.

I cannot underestimate Dr. Madhu's opinion as he is a reputed surgeon. I still do not

know how other doctors can extract more than what Dr. Madhu promised. I am confused

a bit.

I don't see any reason going for HT with this much of less graphs, as this cannot give

a good result in terms of my overall look. Even Dr. Madhu is agreeing to this. He is

leaving the decision to me whether to do HT or not with this much of graphs only.

What's your opinion?

Is it because, other surgeons are over promising me and are making me in discomfort later

by taking out much broader strip and destroying the symmetrical form of follicles and the losing the essential elasticity of the skin ?

I dont want to compromise any excessive scalp skin tightness post surgery, for the

sake of other surgeon's business interests. Sorry correct me if i am wrong.... At the same time, i wish to perform the surgeory if there will not have much tightness even if they take 3000 unit bearing strip.

I am eagerly looking for the replies from the members those who have done HT surgery through STRIP method.

Regards,

Dactum

Hello Dactum,

It is clear you have some varying recommendations on the number of grafts available for you. However, the underlying for you was limited scalp laxity. Based on this I have two recommendations for you. Make sure the most accurate measurement of your laxity is obtained, utilize exercises to improve your laxity prior to surgery, remeasure for the improvement. An increase in scalp laxity will allow for a greater donor strip and enhance the availability of more grafts. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum