Minoxidil Foam (always foaming)

JohnKnee

I am not sure if this is covered or posted yet. When using Minoxidil foam; instructions say to run your hand in cold water prior or the mere heat of your hand may melt the foam before you can apply it. Instead, I decided to put the Minoxidil foam can in the fridge for 1-2 minutes to cool it (shake prior and post cooling) and it comes out like shaving cream. No more runny foam, esp near the end of the can.

WoW thats a great idea :D ..

Though there's a risk of the environment inside the fridge getting contaminated :P

I'm at the end of my 1st foam can .. and yes its stupid the way it comes out.

Can any expert tell is it okay to put it in the fridge ? :D ..

Does the bottle say keep in room temp ?

I put it in the freezer for 1 minute if the can is warm.

I strongly recommend using plastic gloves when you apply the foam. I noticed that hair does not stick to the glove and gets pulled out as it does with bare hands since using gloves makes the process more smooth.

In the summer, I have also placed the can in the fridge for a minute or tow. Works like a charm. I did try to find out if this would have a detrimental effect on its potency but could find no information on the topic. Personally, I doubt a few short bursts of cold would make a difference.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I tried it. One thing i screwed was kept the can for around 15 20 mins.

It was exactly same like a shaving foam and it was not even melting on my scalp, though it did disappear after 5 mins where as usually it disappears in 5 seconds.

Now the thing that is worth noting is after apply and massaging my scalp when i combed my hair i noticed white white stuff on my comb which i believe was rogaine. Any idea what actually happened ?