26 Male NW 5-6 ish advice?

I was lucky enough to already be an NW2 around 18 and now that I'm old enough I've done my research on here and want a FUT HT from a pre screened good DOC. After looking at some pics, Dr Lindsay from VA was thinkin around 3k grafts FUT about a year ago, so if my donor area has enough yield I'm thinking 3500-4000 now that im close to a NW 6 and I'm willing to go less dense but cover more area including crown even if it means it will be less dense slightley in other places. My main issue now is just the $$ for a HT, I could get a co-signer and a credit care line to cover some and pay upfront for some but at the moment it's not possible and although i plan on starting min / fin to stabilize further loss until my HT , i know it needs to be soon. Shopping prices isnt great ethics on hear i understand but i was quoted 2 diff prices from lindsay and charles (FL) but I'm wondering if there are any docs that have in house financing options, or if anyone is willing to PM me a pre screened doc that financially will benifit with low cost (less than 10k ish for around 3500), or a doc that will benifit someone like whose main obstacle is simply the cash$$. I'm willing to drop my whole bankroll and finance partial to get it done but its frustrating waiting. Any docs cover travel costs? more prone to finance? cheapest docs by the grafts that are also pre screened on here? ( i understand they wouldnt want those #'s posted publicy but if anyone could even PM me) it would save me the time of consulting and asking 5 different ones at once. Any info would be greatly appriciated

Pakid, DONT PRICE SHOP and go with Dr. Lindsay if you felt comfortable with him. It is a lifelong investment. I never shopped, but I believe the going rate is about 5 per graft with a reputable doctor. Maybe location of where they are located will save you a bit, but then you have travel costs. It is a life long decision. Maybe you could save 5k from another clinic, but what if you don't like it. You'll have to live with it, or at least partial for rest of your life. Take that 5 k "extra" and amortize it over 40 years. Its 125 addtional per year. Chicken Fodder. Save until you can afford to. i.e. you'll spend a lot more on a new vehicle than a transplant and will never get the same satisfaction! Keep that in mind or maybe not taking a expensive vacation. Best of luck, Tom

No doubt 2-4 k is a lot of money. I agree with with you that the doctors on this forum are good, but their are ones more skilled at thier craft. Secondly, get a long term plan in place. If you are already a Norwood 5 / 6 you will probably want another procedure down the road. Choose a doctor you feel comfortable down the road and plan on a second one with them. As I mentioned earlier it is a life long decision. I am sure that a doctor would be willing to work with you on some type of payment plan for 2-3 k. Do this:

1. Try to stablize your hair loss with Meds (Propecia and Rogaine) if possible. So you can

you predict, with some degree where you will look down the road.

2. Meet and go with a doctor you feel good about and discuss a long term plan based on

on the following: Ask and write these down.

- How much donor hair will be available based on hair loss projection.

- Determine the diameter of your donor hair, it will have an impact on expectation based

on the number of grafts.

- Determine the density of the donor hair. i.e. the number of grafts in a given

sq.centimeter.

- What is the future plan and based on that how many grafts can be harvested in a first

procedure. Personally I would recommend a FUT, but there are ton of opinions out

there that may say FUE.

- What can you expect. Go thru a lot of posts and talk to others your age that have

gone thru a procedure and look at photos and talk to guys in their 30s and 40's to get

even a better perspective on waht to expect in the future.

Your a young man an obviously hair loss is bothering you. You have taken the first steps and doing something about it. It takes a lot of courage and I admire you for this. Bottom line is a transplant will make most likely feel better and more confident about yourself and the knowledge you are doing something about an issue that is bothering you. I wish you the best of luck, but for know gain more information I listed above before making your decision. Tom

NW5-NW6, I feel you are playing with fire going down this route.

You have 4500 - 5000 donor?? As in you do not know. You need some more consultations.

What are you looking to get? Front, the crown? Over all coverage?

Is your hair curly, thick or fine, this was greatly impact your results. If your numbers are right, you will still need concealer if your looking for the "full look"

I guess, I would like to know that picture you have of yourself when your HT is done. What do you look like? From there, people on this forum can help too see if that is possible.

Edited by nativeremdies

Pakid, DONT PRICE SHOP

Excellent advice. Price should never be the determing factor for a HT.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Maybe in a perfect world, but price is a factor, and saying it shouldn't matter is not being realistic

and in this case, a 30% diff could very well be the difference in getting a HT by years end or not. So if i feel comfortable with 2-3 pre screened credible docs and 1 will do it for 4k less or so, that is a risk I'm willing to take. I recently got a quote from a recommended doc on here for $3 a graft (cheapest i've gotten). If i had 10-15k to blow this obv wouldnt be an issue, but i am prepared to spend almost all of my finances towards my first HT, so shopping prices is a must, even if it is against normal ethics on here